All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Savory Turkey Burgers
      #195988 - 07/15/05 08:41 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I have to admit that these aren't going to be safe for everyone, because they contain "Stove Top Stuffing" or some kind of equivalent. I use a store brand, which contains no dairy and no HFCS, but plenty of preservatives and MSG. So anyway, if you can have the stuff, give it a try... they're soft and lightly seasoned. Adam's 12-year-old nephew raved about them.

1/2 cup chicken-flavor stuffing mix
1/4 cup water
1 egg white
1 lb ground turkey
2 tbsp barbecue sauce

In a bowl, combine the stuffing mix and water, allow to soak until the mix is softened. Mix in the remaining ingredients, combining really well. The stuffing mix should basically disintegrate into the meat. Shape into 4 burgers, and grill until no longer pink. Serve on rolls with more bbq sauce!

The original recipe that inspired this called for 1 cup stuffing mix and 1/2 cup water. If you try this and find it's too bland for your tastes, try increasing the stuffing. Just be careful turning them on the grill so they don't fall apart!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Savory Turkey Burgers new
      #245344 - 02/09/06 04:27 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OMG..... Casey.... here is another MUST try when I finally fire up the grill.... I can have Stove Top....I'm so excited (but don't tell my trainer....she will have my bu*t!!) I will have to save it for one of my "Free Meals".... Can't wait!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Stovetop w/o MSG! new
      #245372 - 02/09/06 07:15 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Ooh, I forgot about these! I was disappointed that I couldn't make them because I'm very sensative to MSG and knew Stovetop contained it... but I have good news. They now have Sage flavored stovetop stuffing, and for some strange reason that particular flavor does NOT contain MSG! Happy day... now I can try these yummy-looking burgers!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 236 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1732

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review