Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Asian Chicken Burgers
      #193178 - 07/08/05 07:44 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Asian Chicken Burgers
(Makes 4-6 servings)

The sauteed veggies give these burgers a great flavor. I omitted the mushrooms due to personal preference, and had to add about 1/4 cup breadcrumbs to soak up the moisture.

1 tablespoon peanut oil (I used sesame)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 deseeded red chili pepper or green chili pepper, finely chopped (optional--I omitted)
4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and finely chopped (I omitted)
1 lb ground chicken or ground turkey (I used turkey)
1 tablespoon light soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine or dry sherry (I used sherry)
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1 teaspoon sugar

Heat the oil and saute the onion, ginger, garlic and chili for a 2-3 minutes. Add the mushrooms for the last minute.
Set aside to cool.
Mix the ground chicken with all the other ingredients and the cooled onion mixture. Shape into 4 or 6 burgers.
Fry them with some non-stick spray on medium heat for several minutes on each side or until done and browned (or grill them like I did!).

Adapted slightly from a recipe by Pets'R'us on Recipezaar

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Asian Chicken Burgers new
      #193194 - 07/08/05 08:25 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

UUmm... my mouth is watering already!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#193222 - 07/08/05 09:45 AM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Wow this looks good! I was going to make turkey burgers tonight so I think I'll try this recipe. Thanks!! (and I'm glad you mentioned a different oil--I'm allergic to peanuts! This is about as "asian" as I can eat)

--------------------

#193329 - 07/08/05 01:23 PM
Kree

I hope you enjoy them! You may also want to try Peking Chicken Burgers eventually. They're actually my absolute favorites, and it doesn't look like anyone here has tried them so far!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

question about grilling chicken burgers new
      #193334 - 07/08/05 01:32 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

When I make these chicken burgers I find it annoying that they bow out in between the grill bars and then when you turn them you can't get that sagged stuff up and it ends up falling down. I don't know if just grilling on foil would work. Often sticky food will stick to foil when grilling as well (even with Pam!). The burgers are great but I don't like that some of it is wasted in between the grill bars.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Oh YUM did I have a good dinner!! new
      #193449 - 07/08/05 05:38 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

Kree--these were great! I made Asian Chicken Burgers the same as you, only I forgot to buy ginger so I had to use powder. Fresh would have been better, but they were still good.
Also, my husband cut up a sweet potato really thin, put a little olive oil and salt and pepper on them, and grilled them---yum!! Sweet potato chips---on the grill!! we loved them. I also made a cucumber/tomato salad. Very good.

--------------------

one idea... new
      #193488 - 07/08/05 08:08 PM
Kree

Minnie, maybe you could try mixing about 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs in with the chicken mixture? That's what I had to do with these, otherwise they would have been too moist without the mushrooms. The less moisture they have, hopefully the less they'd sag!

BTW, that peanut sauce sounds delicious!!

--------------------

Re: Oh YUM did I have a good dinner!! new
      #193489 - 07/08/05 08:09 PM
Kree

Woohoo! That does sound like a delicious dinner. I've never tried sweet potato chips on the grill... but the idea is making me hungry!

--------------------

yeah maybe some panko- nt new
      #193648 - 07/09/05 12:58 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

do you think you could freeze these and would they be... new
      #193794 - 07/10/05 09:17 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

cooked thru in the freezer..

or uncooked formed patties?!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5930

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review