Pages: 1
Baked Pears With Maple Nut Sauce
      #187575 - 06/20/05 04:14 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Baked Pears With Maple Nut Sauce
(Makes 6 servings)

If you like maple, you'll love this recipe. It smelled so awesome while it was cooking, and tasted just as fantastic. It's just barely over the 25% fat limit as is, so you could probably reduce the margarine to 1 Tbsp if you want, but I used the full 2 and this didn't bother me a bit.

3 medium pears
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed (I used light because it's all I had)
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
2 tablespoons melted soy margarine
1/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Cut the pears in half lengthwise and core (you may peel them first if you wish--I didn't because I'm C and figured I could use the extra fiber!).
Place the pears, cut side up, in a casserole dish.
Combine the water, maple-flavored syrup, sugar, maple flavoring, and margarine.
Pour over the pears.
Cover and bake for 40 minutes, or until the pears are tender.
Place in individual dishes, drizzle the sauce over the pears and sprinkle pecans on top.

Adapted slightly from a recipe by Dreamgoddess on Recipezaar

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Can't wait to make this....looks like heaven....Im addicted to maple! n/t new
      #187591 - 06/20/05 04:38 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Baked Pears With Maple Nut Sauce new
      #187672 - 06/20/05 10:13 PM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi there,
Soon we will be getting our pear season and I will try this out. However, we dont maple syrup so i will have to make do with golden syrup and vanilla essence. Will that do? Very tempting recipe. Thanks. Jenny

Maple! new
      #188477 - 06/22/05 07:59 PM
Kree

Hi Jenny! I'm not sure... I tend to be a maple snob, so I don't know if that would be the same! Lol. If you're interested I'd be happy to mail you some maple syrup! There's nothing like the real stuff. Just e-mail me at kmwahl at naz dot edu and give me your address if you'd like some!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Maple! new
      #188487 - 06/22/05 09:03 PM
Jennifer1946

Thanks a lot Kree, but you do know that I live in Karachi - Pakistan and that is a long way to send me something and it will be expensive. To top it all our mailing system is bad and most of the time I dont get stuff so I tell my friends not to mail anything. Lot of stuff have gone astray. I will go to the supermarket and see if they have maple syrup. I am talking about the supermarket that has only foreign stuff and they are expensive but still worth a try. Once again thanks dear. Jenny

#188523 - 06/23/05 05:40 AM
Kree

Yep, I knew you lived in Pakistan! I've actually sent a couple of care packages to a friend in Oman (she was so glad to get some chocolate chips!), so I know it's not exactly cheap to ship halfway across the world, but I wouldn't mind. I didn't know the mail was that bad to Pakistan, though. I suppose you could try the foreign market... or just ignore me and make it with syrup!

--------------------

#188820 - 06/23/05 11:48 PM
Jennifer1946

Once again thanks Kree. I would not want you to go to so much trouble knowing what will happen. My friend from Australia posted lovely things for me and I never got them and she spent a lot to buy them and post them. Thank you so much for offering to post but I think I should try and see if I get maple syrup. For that matter, we dont get soy milk or rice milk. I found a recipt for rice milk but am so used to having black tea now that I dont like to put milk in it. Also I stopped making pudding with milk so as to keep my weight down. These days I have so much of fruit. We get plenty of fruit in June and July and I just enjoy them. After that I will make jelly for dessert or not make any dessert at all to stay trim. I like all the recipes that you post so make them sometimes. Love Jenny

OMG! YUM! -nt- new
      #189493 - 06/27/05 09:48 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 136 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review