Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Almond Chicken Salad
      #184269 - 06/07/05 09:39 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Almond Chicken Salad

4 Cups cooked chicken breast, cubed (I bake it in tin foil for an hour)
1 1/2 Cups halved red grapes
1 Cup chopped celery
3/4 Cup sliced green onion
1/2 Cup mayo
1/4 Cup veggie sour cream
1 Tbsp prepared mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp celery salt
1/8 tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp paprika
1/2 Cup slivered almonds
1 kiwi, peeled & sliced
1/2 - 1 pkg shell pasta (depends on how much pasta you prefer)

Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine chicken, grapes, celery, pasta & onion. In another bowl, combine the next 9 ingredients (mayo-paprika); stir until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture & toss gently. Stir in almonds & serve immediately or refrigerate & add almonds just before serving. Garnish with Kiwi. Serves 6-8

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ok... new
      #184904 - 06/08/05 07:34 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I think I'm going to make this to eat all weekend, since I'm going to be too busy to cook. This sounds SO good!

Oh my goodness, this is good! new
      #185631 - 06/10/05 08:52 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I had to make a couple small substitutions... I can't get soy sour cream (or yogurt) here, so I had to just use more mayo... I also can't get green onions, so I used a bit of red onion, diced. So tasty! I will gladly be eating this for the rest of the weekend, as it's really too hot to cook.

Thanks for the recipe, Rachel!

Yay! new
      #185680 - 06/11/05 09:37 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm so glad you like it! I can't imagine that not putting the soy/veggie sour cream in and just more mayo would make that much of a difference anyway... although it might just add a little more flavor. And actually, using red onions or any other kind of onion works just fine too, in my opinion... I used vidalia in my last batch and didn't really notice a difference! Enjoy and keep cool this weekend!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Re: Almond Chicken Salad new
      #308558 - 06/04/07 06:30 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

Joe's been making this a lot, too, and he's made a couple of changes. First, he makes it with canned chicken - one small can of chicken breast is roughly equivalent to one chicken breast half. I like it even more than baked chicken breast and it means this can be made without having to remember to bake the chicken beforehand.

Second, he toasts the slivered almonds before he adds them - just a brief visit to a small cast iron skillet on the stove top until they're golden and smell wonderful. This makes a world of difference to the flavor - it's fabulous.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Re: Almond Chicken Salad new
      #347628 - 06/28/09 12:55 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

We eat this a lot in the summer but I make only enough for two at a time: one can of chicken, 1 cup of dry pasta, one quarter the recipe amount of everything else.

To speed things up, I make a whole recipe of the dressing, use what I need, then store the rest in the fridge until I make this again - and again and again. It works great and means I'm not trying to figure out how much a quarter of 1/8 teaspoon of something is.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

MAYO I thought we couldnt have it??? new
      #351297 - 10/28/09 02:42 PM
lisamonoson

Reged: 07/08/06
Loc: FL

Thought we couldnt have mayo?? Is it ok in moderation.. I tired the fat free & Olive oil one and they were yucky..

--------------------
IBS C Mostly .. More stable than ever Since being on the IBS diet! I THANK GOD FOR THIS BOARD! I can alternate to IBS A at times of stress, hormones or anxiety. LACTOSE INTOLERANT

Re: MAYO I thought we couldnt have it??? new
      #352436 - 11/19/09 05:49 AM
suemarie

Reged: 09/19/07
Loc: Seattle WA

Try Vegenaise it tastes better than real mayonnaise & does not bother me a bit.

Re: MAYO I thought we couldnt have it??? new
      #352453 - 11/19/09 01:32 PM

Unregistered

I wouldn't even try fat free mayo in moderation because of the egg yolks and dairy..I'd only go with dairy and really healthy without all the preservatives and all,like vegenaise.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 519 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17666

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review