All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Quicker "Jok" for when you need it asap!
      #18414 - 08/24/03 04:13 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

My wife is Korean-American and when she was a kid her mom made her this when she didn't feel well. I haven't tried the recipe in Heather's book yet, but it sounds good though time consuming. This is good when you don't feel well and need to eat something comforting right away. In korean it is pronounced something like "Jook" - rhymes more or less with book.
Simply place about a cup of cooked white rice, sushi rice works well, in a saucepan and cover with about 3 times the amount of water. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low heat until it thickens stirring occasionally. If it boils down too quickly just add more water and continue to cook until it has softened and become a porridge like consistancy.
She eats it with a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil and sesame seeds drizzled on top, though I tend to have it with just a little soy sauce or tamari. Unfortunately I'm not feeling so hot today, and am about to make some Jook so I thought of posting it to you all.
Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

This is great! Thanks! -nt- new
      #18441 - 08/24/03 09:26 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 187 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4565

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review