All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Deb's Spicy Summer Evening Mushrooms
      #178323 - 05/11/05 01:23 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

I mentioned this recipe in an earlier post, but here's the real thing. The recipe is from this Website.

Deb's Spicy Summer Evening Mushrooms
From Allrecipes, Submitted by Deb McQueen
This recipe came to be one summer night at a poolside cookout back in southern California. I have been asked for this recipe so many times, I decided to give it to the world. It is tangy, tasty, and even non mushroom eaters have devoured this dish each time I have made it.
Prep Time: approx. 5 Minutes.
Cook Time: approx. 10 Minutes.
Ready in: approx. 1 Hour 15 Minutes.
Makes 8 servings.

Ingredients:
2 cups soy sauce
1 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 drops hot pepper sauce (I use Tabasco)
2 pounds whole fresh mushrooms

Directions:
1 In a medium bowl, mix soy sauce, red wine vinegar, ground black pepper and hot pepper sauce. Poke holes in the mushrooms using a fork, then place them in the soy sauce mixture. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 1 hour.
2 Preheat grill for high heat.
3 Lightly oil the grill grate. Place mushrooms on the grill and cook until browned and tender, about 10 minutes.

My notes:
The hot pepper sauce is really important. Otherwise, you just have salty mushrooms.

I marinate the mushrooms in a large ziploc bag. Be sure to turn it occasionally - the little guys float.

I think the "8 servings" is as an appetizer. I make a half recipe of this and Joe and I eat it as a side dish.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1194

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review