All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Need recipe fore Rice Pudding
      #1772 - 03/02/03 10:32 AM
ConcreteAngel

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: New Jersey,USA

does anyone have a ibs safe recipe for rice pudding?

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need recipe fore Rice Pudding new
      #1774 - 03/02/03 10:57 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Angela - If you have Heather's EATING FOR IBS, there's a rice pudding recipe on page 79 and one on page 80. If you don't have the book, post back and I'll type them in.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

Dreamy lemon rice pudding new
      #1778 - 03/02/03 11:50 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Hi - Here's my favorite recipe. Make sure you use a really big, deep saucepan for this, and temper the egg whites according to the directions or you'll get scrambled eggs in your pudding - yuck!

recipe

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Re: Need recipe fore Rice Pudding:Sharon new
      #1782 - 03/02/03 12:48 PM
ConcreteAngel

Dear Sharon,
Unfortunatly my parents wont let me get heathers book. they think im already "obsessed with ibs" and would question even the board. anyway, its quite alright if you dot type in the rice recipes, i dont want you to go through too much trouble, but if you could, that would be great! thanks Bunches, youll be in my prayers

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

#1811 - 03/02/03 09:38 PM
juniorrachel

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: St. Louis, MO

wow, i'm so sorry your parents aren't more understanding about things. if i had the book with me at the moment, i'd type it out for you. i'm sure everyone here will be more than willing to help you out with getting you recipes.

beth

Re: Need recipe fore Rice Pudding new
      #1814 - 03/03/03 02:23 AM
Kimbo

Reged: 02/28/03
Loc: Edmonton, AB, Canada

Hi there - I've just been going through all the latest posts and a couple of yours have really hit home. I know how it feels when people think there's nothing wrong with you. My parents believe that I'm a hypochondriac (spelling?) and/or I'm faking it and/or I'm weak and out of shape. I won't argue the out of shape part (Hahaha!) but I definately do argue the others. The best advice I can give is - don't listen to them. Listen to your body. You are the only person who knows what's going on inside of you. Trust yourself. Oh, and eventually you'll be on your own and won't have to constantly have to defend your lifestyle. This message board is amazing. I hope you'll be able to keep visiting and getting the support you deserve. See you around!

#1816 - 03/03/03 05:44 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Dear Young Angel (cuz that's what you are!)
Just a thought - would your local library have copies of Heather's books? You could sign them out then - or would your parents freak over that, too? What would happen if they saw the books in your room? Would you get into trouble? In the meantime, remember that we all support you here. Keep posting, and read all the information that there is on these websites. Take care.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Re: Need recipe fore Rice Pudding:han solo new
      #1826 - 03/03/03 01:07 PM
ConcreteAngel

yes, my parents would freak if they saw i had the eating for ibs book. they think ibs is a total head case thing, and wouldnt like it that im reading about it. i just thank goodness that ive got the internet access in my room

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: Need recipe fore Rice Pudding:KIMBO new
      #1827 - 03/03/03 01:15 PM
ConcreteAngel

kimbo,
thank you so much for your concern and understanding. it is very difficult to listen to my body and not my parents because at the dinner table i nearly reach tears when i see that greasy hamburger and glass of milk and my parents just roll their eyes and try to convince me that the food will not upset me.the last time i went to the doc i found out i lost 10 pounds and they got so mad at me, but can they blame me? how can i gain weight when i refuse to eat cause im afraid of an attack? mabey i wouldnt have to worry about losing weight if my parents would just accept my ibs and let me eat according to heathers diet plan. :sigh: life is so complicated

--------------------
-Angela
Healed in Jesus' Name

Re: We are here for you! new
      #1842 - 03/03/03 03:10 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

My heart goes out to you!

Please ask any questions you need answers to and we will all be willing to help.

I agree with what others have said in that you must listen to your body. Yes, you only have one set of parents and your relationship with them is very important but you also only have one life and there is no just reason for living it in pain!

I am lucky my family is very understanding (just forgetful about what I can/can't have at times). I was wondering, is there another family member you are close to that you could get "on side" to help you? Maybe an aunt, cousin, grandparent?

IBS is definately real. I hope you can find some support around you. At the very least you have all of us.

Thinking of you,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 244 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15880

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review