Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Italian chicken salad
      #175896 - 05/02/05 03:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Italian Chicken Salad

Leftover or rotisserie chicken from the deli speeds this fresh dish to the table.

Dressing:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon salt

Salad:
3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
10 pitted ripe olives, halved
1 (14-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained

To prepare dressing, combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
To prepare salad, combine chicken and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Pour dressing over salad, and toss gently to combine.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/4 cups)

CALORIES 262 (32% from fat); FAT 9.4g (satfat 1.5g, monofat 3.8g, polyfat 1.2g); PROTEIN 34.6g; CARBOHYDRATE 8.3g; FIBER 1.1g; CHOLESTEROL 89mg; IRON 2.5mg; SODIUM 395mg; CALCIUM 31mg;
Cooking Light, MAY 2005

The olives up the fat percentage but with a side dish like rolls or something the fat would be in the zone.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Italian chicken salad new
      #175920 - 05/02/05 04:45 PM
Laurel M

Reged: 04/18/05
Loc: Texas

Everything about this salad looks wonderful, except that I am not a big fan of peppers. Can you think of any substitute veggie that I could use instead of the peppers?

Thanks!

#176053 - 05/03/05 06:25 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

possibly cherry tomatoes or cooked and cooled green beans or zucchini maybe. Is that better?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#176375 - 05/03/05 10:24 PM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Sounds great. Will try it today.

#177350 - 05/07/05 07:26 PM
Laurel M

Reged: 04/18/05
Loc: Texas

Yum...I love tomatoes...I'm thinking those little grape tomatoes would be wonderful! Thanks for the tip!

#331510 - 06/24/08 12:20 PM
Sand

Reged: 12/13/04
Loc: West Orange, NJ (IBS-D)

This is very good but made as-is it's too chicken-y for me so I changed it around a little.

I made the dressing as directed but whisked the dried oregano and dried basil into the dressing. I also substituted 2 teaspoons of dried parsley for the 2 Tablespoons of fresh and whisked that into the dressing also.

I used 1 cup of cooked cubed chicken breast (about 1 breast) and added 2 cups of cooked elbow macaroni (1 cup uncooked). I'm not up for a cup of bell pepper so I used 1 tomato (a little less than a cup) plus about 1/4 cup of red bell pepper. And I cut the olives into smaller pieces so they're more like flavoring and less like a mouthful of olive.

--------------------
[Research tells us fourteen out of any ten individuals likes chocolate. - Sandra Boynton]

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 90 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9804

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review