All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rachel's Great-Grandmother's pancake recipe
      #172656 - 04/22/05 09:53 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

If I'm not mistaken, this is a true Norweigian pancake recipe. Although, it wouldn't surprise me if it was something that my great-grandmother just came up with herself or modified from a similar one.

To make it IBS safe, I have altered the ingredients ever-so-slightly, but it's still basically the same.

Grammy's Flat Pancakes

1/2 cup egg-beaters
1 cup (or a little less) plain rice/soy milk (I'm thinking vanilla flavored would work well too.)
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp or less salt
1/4 tsp vanilla flavoring

Combine egg-beaters and milk. To avoid lumps, slowly add flour and beat until smooth (batter will be thin); add remaining ingredients. Spray a hot pan with cooking spray (you may need to repeat this step again later). Pour about 3 Tbsp of batter into a small pan and tip the pan from side to side to cover the bottom of the pan (you want the end result to be very thin). Let cook for 30-60 seconds (ends of pancake will start to turn up slightly when ready and the pancake should not fall apart when you place a spatula underneath it), and flip. Again, let cook for 30-60 seconds or until pancake is slightly golden. Roll pancakes into 3rds, and serve with warm maple syrup. Yield: about 7 pancakes

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1483

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review