All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Can't have Kinnikiak brand.....Dalia, Kandee, Amy, Abby, Augie, Taly.....and all...
      #162846 - 03/21/05 11:15 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

any other ideas for me? i have to eat wheat/gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, meat free (mostly), citrus free, AND Kosher! Kinnikiak (sp) pizza crust looked yum...but it's not Kosher.

We don' have a blender....so I can't even puree my veggies (thank G-d for Imagine Soup at Whole Foods!)

I am NOT that great in the kitchen...tho I'm certaibnly trying! PLEASE PLEASE send me recipes! Anything! I AM having fun experimenting with fresh herbs on a tomato, or a potato (can't eat too many of those either).....but any recipes/ideas wouild be fantastic!

It' a bit of a rough time for now as I had bread again yesterday and now I have to go through the whole process AGAIN of getting it out of my system AND saying good bye to the stuff.

Also...any tips on how to deal wth watching hubby eat his french bread without bursting into tears? it was one of my absolute fav foods!

Sorry so long......I know you guys are here to help. Thank G-d for Heather and the board!!!! *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Blenders and such new
      #162865 - 03/22/05 01:37 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I'm putting in my .02 as a kitchen gadget junkie. If you have a walmart or kmart or anything similar anywhere near you, you should be able to pick up a blender for about $10. It's totally worth it. But if you can't get one, and you happen to have a hand mixer, a mixer works very well for pureeing. And if THAT isn't an option either, invest a few dollars in a potato masher. Believe it or not, even though I have a blender, a mixer, AND a food processor, I still use my masher the most, because I like the texture it gives.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions for the rest of it... I'm just not familiar enough with GF/Kosher foods.

I don't have any good suggestions for coping, either... just sympathy. The other night Adam was sitting next to me on the couch, eating some brownies that were definitely not safe. They smelled SO good, and all I could do was whimper.

Got your email, btw - will reply later today!

Blenders are fantastic! new
      #162866 - 03/22/05 01:48 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Si got me an inexpensive one for my birthday and I love it! So many things I can make...and it makes cooking easier on my Fibro! Guacamole is now a matter of seconds.

Blenders...thanks Casey and Linz! I love you guys!!!! new
      #162948 - 03/22/05 08:02 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I will try to convince hubby. I have to go to WalMart today anyway...will look there WE DO have a masher....so maybe that's worth a go? I want to make chilled carrot soup today...we shall see.

Thanks again...with love, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Oh yeah...mashers are great! new
      #162967 - 03/22/05 09:06 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I mainly prefer the blender as it saves my Fibro arms! But then you do sometimes need a dishwasher to get it clean without difficulty!

I got a NEW blender at the weekend! new
      #163049 - 03/22/05 01:02 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

I meant to post about it! The lid broke on mine and it won't work unless the lid is closed right so I had to get a new one- I got exactly the same one but this one has a liquidiser on top for smoothies...mmm!
this is it

Padhraig thought it was hilarious how excited I was about it! I haven't used it yet which is truly remarkable for me! And the best bit..it only cost EUR 44.95/$58.83/GBP 31.20!

--------------------
S.

Ruchie, have sent you some recipies in an email. new
      #163133 - 03/22/05 07:22 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hope they are helpful. If not PLEASE let me know and I'll come up with some other stuff. Hope this one gets to you.

--------------------
Amy

Amy, would you mind sending them to me as well new
      #163139 - 03/22/05 07:49 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I am pretty much as limited as you guys. I would so greatly appreciate it. Do you still have my email address?

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Amy, would you mind sending them to me as well new
      #163502 - 03/23/05 07:20 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Yep sure do Beth. I'm not sure they'll be 100% tolerable to you but if there's anything wrong with them just let me know what you can/can't have and I'll have a look for some more. Hope you're doing okay, hugs and I'll just send that now.

--------------------
Amy

GF bread recipe: Ruchie, Amy, Abby, Augie... and all... new
      #163587 - 03/24/05 03:20 AM
Taylahmai

Reged: 11/03/04
Loc: Western Australia

Hi Ruchie, I made a really yummy GF loaf of bread today from scratch, and its full of fibre:

3 cups of GF plain flour (I used Orgran)
1 1/4 cups buckwheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup cracked buckwheat
3/4 cup sunflower seeds (optional, depends how your tummy handles them)
70 g butter, chopped
1 1/2 cups rice or soy milk
2 eggs, lightly beaten (or egg replacement, Ruchie)
2 teaspoons poppy seeds (optional)

Sift flours, baking powder and salt into bowl, stir in cracked buckwheat and sunflower kernals (optional).

Rub in butter, stir in combined milk and eggs until just combined

Press mixture into greased loaf pan. Brush with a little extra milk, sprinkle with poppyseeds (optional).

Bake in moderate oven about 1 hour. Stand bread for 10 mins before turning onto wire rack to cool.

The bread is a little crumbly, as all GF bread is, but its really soft and full of nutty flavour, yummm. Plus its full of fibre, which is good for C tummies.

If a strong tasting bread isn't your thing tho, are you able to get hold of Orgran Bread Mix? Orgran is an Aussie company but they export all over the world. This bread mix is really easy to make, and produces a really soft white loaf. It's not as good as traditional white bread of course, but its a close as we're going to get!

Have fun!! And when watching hubby devour a piece of french bread, just think of how many preservatives are in it, and how evil it is. Don't be a slave to your tastebuds!! LOL, easier said then done I know. Be strong sweety, we're here for you.

--------------------
~ Live life, don't let life live you ~

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 242 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11919

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review