All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Roasted Veggies...my Grandma's Recipe!
      #151767 - 02/18/05 03:21 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Ok, this is probably like the most basic recipe and everyone BUT me knows how to do it. But just in case I wanna share it! (I never knew how to make roasted veggies....so here it is!)

Take veggies (no root veggies, like potatoes though), and wash em (I used squash, zuccini, mushrooms, and onion), and cut them up into big pieces. Put some olive oil in a big bowl. Then place the washed and cut up veggies (leave peel on if you can tolerate it)and use your hands to coat the veggies with the olive oil in the bowl. Put some sea salt or seasonings (but I like it just fine with a dab of salt), on the veggies in a roasting pan. Leave uncovered. Roast on 450 degrees for about 15-20 minutes and then turn over for 15-20 minutes more. Should be soft when done.

This is delicious, nutritious, and so easy to make! Enjoy! :-)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Roasted Veggies...my Grandma's Recipe! new
      #151804 - 02/18/05 05:03 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Yum Ruchie!

Yum! new
      #151945 - 02/19/05 12:12 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

You can go crazy with every fancy recipe in the world, but honestly, the simple straight-forward ways of serving things, like this, just taste the best! I think I'll be doing something like this for dinner tonight... yum.

Something similar, for a summer idea: Cut the veggies in larger pieces, prepare them the same way, and grill them instead. This was literally the BEST party food I've ever had in my life - I was at a rooftop party in Manhattan, and they had someone grilling mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant, and onions. It was INCREDIBLE. Best eaten outdoors under the stars, with your fingers, in the company of lots of happy people.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 455 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5786

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review