All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flapjacks
      #149216 - 02/12/05 06:04 AM
nikjones_uk

Reged: 01/04/05

I might be being very silly here, but I don't see any recipes listed (either book or the site) for flapjacks? I have a good recipe if anyone is interested? They are easy, nice and sweet when you need it and IBS safe....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flapjacks new
      #149218 - 02/12/05 06:39 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Okay, there was a discussion not too long ago about what flapjacks were, but I don't exactly remember what was decided. Here in the US we use that term to refer to pancakes, but it's something different in the UK, isn't it? You might try doing a search and see what came out of that last discussion.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Flapjacks new
      #149222 - 02/12/05 07:18 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Yes, definitely try a search... I had posted a link to a safe version of UK flapjacks, but darned if I can find it now. It was not too long ago, so if you do a 3-month time limit on the search, you should find it.

Found it! new
      #149235 - 02/12/05 07:56 AM
Kree

Here's that thread, with the link to a recipe.

web page

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Re: Found it! new
      #149237 - 02/12/05 08:06 AM
nikjones_uk

Cool - thats it! Mine include soya margarine, rather than normal margarine and I substitute some of the sugar for golden syrup, which makes them nice and sweet! Yum!

Golden syrup new
      #149249 - 02/12/05 08:58 AM
Kree

You should post your recipe! I'd love to give it a try if I can find golden syrup! Otherwise I found this info about substitutes for golden syrup online:

Substitutes: Combine two parts light corn syrup plus one part molasses OR equal parts honey and corn syrup OR maple syrup (This is thinner, and not as sweet.) OR dark corn syrup (This is thnner and not as sweet as golden syrup. If you like, try reducing the corn syrup in a saucepan to thicken it.) OR light corn syrup (This is thnner and not as sweet or flavorful as golden syrup. If you like, try reducing the corn syrup in a saucepan to thicken it.)

--------------------

Flapjack recipe new
      #149278 - 02/12/05 10:17 AM
nikjones_uk

Here is my (oaty) flapjack recipe;

8oz(225g) rolled oats
3oz (87g) demerara sugar
1 tablespoon golden syrup (or however much you like - because its lush!!)
6oz (175g) soya margarine
pinch of salt

Add oats, sugar, salt and golden syrup together and stir until mixed in - melt the margarine and add it to the mixture, stir with metal spoon until mixed in.

190 degrees C (not sure what the deg F is?) for 20/25 mins or until golden brown

Wait to cool then cut and serve (and eat all of them at once!) - oh no, hang on we can't do that can we!!

There is quite a bit of fat in it, but, if you cut them into small strips and only eat one at a time (which I can never manage!!!!) all should be well!

Nik x

Re: Flapjack recipe new
      #150039 - 02/14/05 03:15 PM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

Oh yummy thanks so much!
I'm from the UK too!!!
Thanks
Niki
xxx

Re: Flapjack recipe new
      #150157 - 02/15/05 04:00 AM
nikjones_uk

Hello fellow UK poster! Its also nice to add maybe some cinnamon or ginger or anything that takes your fancy, I wanted to do plain ones this time, I'm going to try them with banana next time!!! Yum!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 275 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6493

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review