Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Quick stuffed green peppers
      #148605 - 02/10/05 11:44 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Come on, everybody loves these!

I only had two peppers to stuff, and this made enough to pack four or five, so adjust accordingly! You can really add any veggies you'd like to this, but it is soooo easy with just these.

2 stalks of celery
1 orange bell pepper
1 small onion (or half of one)
1 (VERY) large carrot, or a double handful of the baby ones (that's what I used)
1 1/2 cups couscous
1 1/2 water/veggie stock/chicken stock
dash of Clubhouse 'La Grille' Montral chicken seasoning or other desired spices
a sprinkling of soy cheese

Instruments:
A frying pan, a bowl, a baking dish (I used stoneware bakeware) and a knife

Cut the veggies into a small dice, roughly all the same size, and sautée the onions. Place into the bowl. Sautée the carrots, and again, place into the bowl. Then sautée the celery and the orange pepper together, and add to the rest of the veggies.

(The reason that I've divided them this way, is because the onions will let off some steamy flavor that will make all the other veggies taste really nice, so I put that on the bottom. Then the carrots, since they take longer to cook, can finish cooking in the bowl, with the residual heat of everything else, and won't take NEARLY as long, instead of sitting there and waiting for them to cook in the oven, or on the stovetop).

Season the veggies and mix them all up.

Add the stock/water to the frying pan on low heat, and add the couscous. Wait for the water to absorb (the couscous doesn't have to be completely cooked, it'll be fine), and then add to the bowl with the veggies. Mix well.

Prep the peppers by removing the tops, ribs and seeds, and fill to the brim with the stuffing. Top with the soycheese, to keep it moist.

Put into the oven at 300, and leave em' there until they're as soft as you want them...about 20 minutes.

Yes, this recipe seems a little basic, but, well, it's always good if you need IF!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Quick stuffed green peppers new
      #148607 - 02/10/05 11:50 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

sounds good...for a little protein - maybe you could add some ground turkey??? Anne

Re: Quick stuffed green peppers new
      #148609 - 02/10/05 11:55 AM
Ravenndark

Reged: 11/28/04
Loc: the internet

Well, I'm vegan, but that sounds like a great option!

Also, if you mix in some soy cheese, I think it would melt and get all stuck inside, which could result in some really tasty stuffed pepper love!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4656

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review