Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
do cornflakes have HFCS? -nt
      #148348 - 02/09/05 05:59 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: do cornflakes have HFCS? -nt new
      #148406 - 02/09/05 11:14 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

It has been my finding that many do...the best brands I've found have been at the HFS that are sweetened with fruit juices

--------------------

Re: do cornflakes have HFCS? -nt new
      #148454 - 02/10/05 06:01 AM

Reged: 01/05/05

I occassionally eat rice krispies, cheerios, honey-nut cheerios, corn pops with vanilla soy milk. they do indicate corn surup on some but not HFCS

The name brand ones do, but... new
      #148497 - 02/10/05 07:32 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04

sometimes you can find the generic brands to not have it in them.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

ok then I'll make this recipe new
      #148703 - 02/10/05 02:57 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04

Crunchy Fish & Spuds
Fish fillets and potatoes team up in the same pan for a tasty dinner.

1/4 cup LAND O LAKESŪ Butter just substitute butter flavor Pam and spray the fish fillets after they are breaded
2 medium (2 cups) potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch
3/4 cup crushed cornflakes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon paprika
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1 pound fish fillets
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in 13x9-inch baking pan in oven (5 to 7 minutes).
2. Add potato slices to prepared pan; stir to coat. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potato slices are fork tender.
3. Meanwhile, stir together all remaining ingredients except fish fillets in 9-inch pie pan. Spoon potatoes to one side of baking pan. Dip fish into melted butter that potatoes were baked in, then coat with crumb mixture. Place fish to one side in same baking pan with potatoes. Sprinkle fish and potatoes with remaining crumb mixture. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: Suggested fish for this recipe include walleye, perch, red snapper or orange roughy.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 390 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2996

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review