All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Happy-- do you have any spicy recipes? I LOVE hot & spicy!!
      #147778 - 02/08/05 11:47 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

I love hot & spicy Asian food. I haven't tried much Viet. food yet, but have tried some Chinese recipes. This is all new to me (came from a bland meat & potatoe family), but I'm very interested because my dh & I enjoy spicing it up.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Bellshel new
      #147810 - 02/08/05 12:34 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

I don't do much spicy stuff because it turns my gut inside out. I grew up on Japanese and Korean food and it isn't all that spicy. Indian food might be the spiciest.

I will look for a korean bbq recipe and get back to you.

--------------------
"puffy"

Korean bbq new
      #147813 - 02/08/05 12:40 PM
puffybelly

Reged: 02/04/05

I haven't tried this recipe but it is close to the one my mother used. I don't do red meat but you can use the marinade on anything....

ield:2 servings
Ingredients:
Amount Ingredient
1/2 oz Garlic, peeled and minced
1/4 oz Sesame seeds, crushed
1 bn Scallions, thinly sliced
2 tsp Szechwan pepper OR
2 tsp Black pepper
1 tbl Sesame oil
4 oz Shoyu, OR
4 oz Soy sauce
1/2 oz Sugar
1 tbl Peanut oil

Instructions:
Instructions: KOREAN BARBECUE: Kalbi marinade is what you find on traditional Korean bulkogi, or Korean barbecue. In this case the meat is flank steak, but the marinade works just as well on other cuts, and also on chicken, pork, and seafood. Ive given you the marinade recipe and some quick tips for using it.

The marinade is enough for one large flank steak. Mix everything together in a bowl and pour over the flank steak. Marinate at room temperature for 2 hours, or cover and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours.

COOKING TIPS

If you marinate too long, the soy and sugar can potentially begin cooking a thin cut of meat.

Marinades involving soy and sugar can burn on the grill, so watch the meat carefully.

If using on seafood, cut the marinating time in half.

Make sure to let excess marinade drip off to avoid your grill flaming up when you place the meat on. If it does, cover the grill right away.

Allow flank steak to rest 10 minutes before slicing thin strips across the grain.

SERVING IDEAS Serve this thinly sliced, accompanied by large leaves of red leaf lettuce, sticky rice, kim chee, marinated bean sprouts, and spicy bean paste. The idea is to make a lettuce leaf bundle with different combinations of relishes and rice - almost like a lettuce leaf burrito.

--------------------
"puffy"

Thanks Happy!! n/t new
      #148199 - 02/09/05 11:54 AM
bellshel32

Reged: 10/28/04
Loc: Kansas, USA

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1799

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review