All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
A summer pleasure...
      #14523 - 07/21/03 11:25 AM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

Now that strawberries are coming into season, I have this a lot for a dessert treat. Just take a few really ripe fresh strawberries, dip in soy yogurt, and dip again in brown sugar. The combination is heavenly, and they taste so rich it only takes a few to be satisfied.

- H

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A summer pleasure... new
      #109812 - 10/02/04 01:05 PM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

OOH, Heather, this reminds me of a dessert I used to eat, back before I started having IBS problems. It was fresh strawberries dipped in sour cream, then brown sugar. I haven't yet tried soy yogurt. I miss the old version. Thanks for reminding me how much I miss it! *giggle* Just givin' ya a hard time. Ttyl!

Sommer

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Re: A summer pleasure... late summer? new
      #109844 - 10/02/04 04:20 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

We only have berries in June-July but I ate so many when I picked I got sick! It hasn't taken away the joy of berries though. I froze all those juicy berries on cookie sheets and then put them in freezer bags. They are great in smoothies or as sauce on angel food cake or all sorts of things! (I made good berry and sugar only jam too which I tolerate well). Anyway try freezing berries everyone!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 208 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4128

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review