All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Homemade Creme de Menthe recipe
      #13838 - 07/11/03 11:24 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I noticed Heather uses Crème de Menthe in her recipe for Chocolate Chip Peppermint Ice Dream Sandwiches (pgs. 238, 239). I also came to the realization that I can sip just a little Crème de Menthe after dinner without it prompting an attack. I've made my own now for about 20 years because it is so easy, inexpensive and my husband says it's smoother than the store bought variety. I've given it as gifts during the holidays along with the recipe. You can make it green or clear depending on your preference and use. I personally make the clear since I'm not wild about having a green mouth and teeth while in the company of others but you may need the green color for whatever you're making. If you are concerned about the alcohol in it, remember the alcohol content is destroyed with heat so if you use it in baking there will be no alcohol affects in the final product. If you sip it, please NOT on an empty stomach and not much of it as alcohol is an irritant to the intestines. Here goes:

2 cups sugar
1 cup water
2 cups Vodka, any kind
2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
green food coloring (optional)

In a medium sized sauce pan combine sugar and water. Bring it to a boil while occasionally stirring. Reduce heat and let mixture boil for only about 30 seconds. When it turns absolutely clear turn off the heat. Let cool at room temperature. This usually takes a couple of hours. Add vodka and stir. Add peppermint extract and stir. If desired add green food coloring, one drop at a time, stirring after each addition of coloring until the color of the liquid reaches the intensity you want. Pour into a decorative bottle and store at room temperature. Makes about one quart. (Keeps forever!)

Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Homemade Creme de Menthe - YOU MAKING THIS FOR VEGAS KANDEE? -nt- new
      #96118 - 08/06/04 01:27 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Yep!!! How many GALLONS should I bring??????LOL-nt- new
      #96139 - 08/06/04 03:19 PM
Kandee

Kandee

--------------------

Re: Homemade Creme de Menthe recipe new
      #128699 - 12/08/04 10:59 AM
Shell Marr

BUMP...These make great Christmas gifts!

Quote:

I noticed Heather uses Crème de Menthe in her recipe for Chocolate Chip Peppermint Ice Dream Sandwiches (pgs. 238, 239). I also came to the realization that I can sip just a little Crème de Menthe after dinner without it prompting an attack. I've made my own now for about 20 years because it is so easy, inexpensive and my husband says it's smoother than the store bought variety. I've given it as gifts during the holidays along with the recipe. You can make it green or clear depending on your preference and use. I personally make the clear since I'm not wild about having a green mouth and teeth while in the company of others but you may need the green color for whatever you're making. If you are concerned about the alcohol in it, remember the alcohol content is destroyed with heat so if you use it in baking there will be no alcohol affects in the final product. If you sip it, please NOT on an empty stomach and not much of it as alcohol is an irritant to the intestines. Here goes:

2 cups sugar
1 cup water
2 cups Vodka, any kind
2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
green food coloring (optional)

In a medium sized sauce pan combine sugar and water. Bring it to a boil while occasionally stirring. Reduce heat and let mixture boil for only about 30 seconds. When it turns absolutely clear turn off the heat. Let cool at room temperature. This usually takes a couple of hours. Add vodka and stir. Add peppermint extract and stir. If desired add green food coloring, one drop at a time, stirring after each addition of coloring until the color of the liquid reaches the intensity you want. Pour into a decorative bottle and store at room temperature. Makes about one quart. (Keeps forever!)

Kandee

--------------------

Auntie Kandee - How Many Gallons are you bring to Fall Sprawl 2005? hehehe -nt- new
      #205615 - 08/15/05 12:24 PM
Shell Marr

--------------------

Re: Auntie Kandee - How Many Gallons are you bring to Fall Sprawl 2005? hehehe -nt- new
      #213046 - 09/13/05 04:29 PM
Shell Marr

-bump-

For Auntie Kandee....still wondering! hehehe

--------------------

#213457 - 09/15/05 01:15 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi Kandee,
I guess you are very busy with the fall Sprawl. You have a message from me in your mail. So you can reply when you are free. I must try this recipe. Sounds interesting. Love Jenny

Re: Auntie Kandee - How Many Gallons are you bring to Fall Sprawl 2005? hehehe -nt- new
      #213523 - 09/15/05 08:21 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Me too! I still have my little bottle in my fridge.. LOL

--------------------
- Jennifer

#213530 - 09/15/05 08:30 AM
Shell Marr

I have my little green one too!

--------------------

#213620 - 09/15/05 11:12 AM
Kandee

Hi Jenny..I'll have to check my Yahoo again....some emails that I don't want to, have gone to my Bulk mail box so I don't check those very often....bet yours is there!!!

Sorry...I'll check it today...

Hope all is well with you..

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 120 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13512

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review