1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large egg whites
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins

Cooking Instructions
1. Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly spray two baking sheets with the cooking spray.

2. In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.

3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and both sugars together. Beat until smooth, about 1 minute. Add the applesauce, egg and vanilla and mix until blended about 2 minutes. Add the flour to the applesauce mixture and mix well. Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the oats and raisins.

4. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets about two inches apart.

5. Bake until slightly golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.

6. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and cool on wire racks for 5 minutes. Remove the cookies and cool completely. These cookies can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to two weeks.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 2 cookies

Amount Per Serving before slightly adapted.

Calories 186

Total Fat 3 g

Saturated Fat 1 g

Protein 3 g

Total Carbohydrate 37 g

Dietary Fiber 1 g

Sodium 216 mg

Percent Calories from Fat 14%

Percent Calories from Protein 7%

Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 79%

This is my first attempt at really filling snow-stomping winter cookies. I doubled the recipe but used 3T. soy margarine and 2/3c applesauce. I also put in about 1/3 cup nuts and 2/3c dried fruit. I would love to put safe chips in these but can only find mint flavored choc. chips. Anyway I might fiddle with this and make them more granola bar like and less cookie like. I used to eat trail mix while working in winter and this is my substitute. So with 33 grams of fat from the margarine and 28 from the nuts and maybe 15 from the oats divided by 60 cookies equals 1.3 grams per cookie but that doesn't seem right. Oh well either way I think they are safe and you don't have to put nuts in.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

variation on the oatmeal cookies new
      #136169 - 01/07/05 03:28 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I made these chocolate yesterday. I used 1T. less than 2/3c flour and 1/3c cocoa powder and I put in some mint chocolate chips and then I baked them in 2 square bar pans (8 inch I think). I also sprinkled some chips on top before baking too. It took 20 minutes. They are a very filling bar and with the oats they are nutritious too.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Trail Mix cookies take 1 new
      #342210 - 02/16/09 08:00 PM
Meower55

Reged: 06/24/08
Loc: Beaverton, Oregon

Yumm...I made these in January and it's nearly time to make them again. May use square pans next time. They were very good

--------------------
Nancy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 116 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3507

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review