All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Vanilla-bourbon bread pudding
      #125905 - 11/28/04 05:46 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

This month's Cooking Light and Gourmet mags have a bunch of recipes I want to post, but until they update them on the websites I have to wait. I thought I would type this one up myself now.

Vanilla-bourbon bread pudding
4 1/2c light soy milk
1/2c silk creamer
3/4c brown sugar
1/2 golden raisins
1/4c bourbon
1T. good vanilla extract
1/4t ground nutmeg (freshly ground is best)
5 egg whites
8c cubed white bread day old about 12 slices

1/2c sugar
1T safe margarine
1T cornstarch
2T bourbon

Here is my twist. Take the milk and creamer and reduce to 4 cups total in a large saucepan (a vanilla bean in the milk would be a great addition and then leave out some of the extract). Cool slightly and reserve 1 cup and chill it. To the rest (3 c.)add to a large bowl and mix in brown sugar through egg whites. Add bread and toss. Chill 1 hour. Preheat oven to 350. Spoon bread into 11x7 inch baking dish coated with butter Pam and bake for 50 minutes or until set.
For sauce, combine 1/3c sugar and the margarine in a saucepan over medium heat. Combine the 1 cup chilled milk and the cornstarch, add to pan and bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and add bourbon, cook 2 minutes. Serve over pudding. Yield 10 servings. If you do it with the ingredients I have listed it would come to 3.5 grams of fat per serving. (4.5 in the milk, 8 in the creamer, 12 in the bread most likely and 11 in the margarine divided by 10 servings) If you would like to use regular soy milk instead of light and creamer that might work to but I would still reduce 5 cups to 4.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

OMG, that sounds good! -nt- new
      #125946 - 11/28/04 10:27 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 161 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1243

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review