2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup mashed canned pumpkin
1/2 cup eggbeaters (or 2 egg whites)
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
1-1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl; stir well. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla, stirring well with a wire whisk. Slowly add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be very crumbly; it will gradually become moist after stirring.) Spray Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat; add macadamia nuts. Cook, stirring constantly, until nuts are browned. Remove from heat and cool completely. Knead or gently stir cooled nuts into dough. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 portions. Lightly flour hands and shape each portion into a 1 x 15" long log. Place logs 3" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 23 minutes; cool logs 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300. Cut each log diagonally into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife. Place slices on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.

After making the Gingerbread ones... for sure I will be trying these too!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks Mrs. Biscotti! new
      #123795 - 11/19/04 05:09 PM

Unregistered

I can't wait to try these! Mmm I love pumpkin! I've yet to get to trying those yummy sounding gingerbread ones since I need some more of the ingredients but I'll right on these! Thanks!

Oh yes... new
      #123849 - 11/19/04 11:33 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

These sound fantastic. I love Biscotti....and especially pumpkin anything.

I thought back to last year, and I varied the basic recipe I have in the index to make 3 different kinds. One was almonds and poppy seed and other dried sweetened cranberrys and walnuts and another was chocolate with macadamia nuts. Now if I could only remember how much of the added ingredients I put in...

I also wrapped each one individually in the colored plastic wrap and had a little ribbon and tag on each one telling what it was, then took them in a big Xmas basket and let people help themselves with whatever they wanted to take home from the function. Everyone had different favorites as reported later on. Got asked if I was going to make them again, but think it may be something altogether different this year.

--------------------

Re: Thanks Mrs. Biscotti! new
      #123857 - 11/19/04 11:59 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Mrs Biscotti...hehehe Let me know if you make them and how they turn out.....I'm gonna make a few kinds for Christmas gifts.

--------------------

Re: Oh yes... new
      #123858 - 11/20/04 12:03 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

These sound fantastic. I love Biscotti....and especially pumpkin anything. Me too.... can't wait to taste test EACH TRAY...hehehe (j/k) not really kidding...no, kidding

I thought back to last year, and I varied the basic recipe I have in the index to make 3 different kinds. One was almonds and poppy seed and other dried sweetened cranberrys and walnuts and another was chocolate with macadamia nuts. Now if I could only remember how much of the added ingredients I put in... Oh no....how many should it make? This one is 96 I THINK...and it calls for 1-1/2 cups nuts....I would guestimate by that same amount.

I also wrapped each one individually in the colored plastic wrap and had a little ribbon and tag on each one telling what it was, then took them in a big Xmas basket and let people help themselves with whatever they wanted to take home from the function. Everyone had different favorites as reported later on. GREAT idea!!! Got asked if I was going to make them again, but think it may be something altogether different this year. This is the 1st time is 10+ years that I'm backing or making my own gifts for Chirstmas gifts EXCEPT the Kahulua last year for my girlfriend (and the leftovers for me)

--------------------

Re: Pumpkin Pie Biscotti new
      #218083 - 10/07/05 12:47 PM
Shell Marr

Making these this year for sure!!

--------------------

*Correction on egg whites new
      #218607 - 10/10/05 08:39 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Pumpkin Pie Biscotti
Makes about 96

3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup mashed canned pumpkin
1/2 cup eggbeaters (or 2 egg whites) *Correction: should be 4 egg whites, equivalent of 2 whole eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
1-1/4 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl; stir well. In another bowl, combine pumpkin, eggs, and vanilla, stirring well with a wire whisk. Slowly add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be very crumbly; it will gradually become moist after stirring.) Spray Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray in a large skillet over medium heat; add macadamia nuts. Cook, stirring constantly, until nuts are browned. Remove from heat and cool completely. Knead or gently stir cooled nuts into dough. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 4 portions. Lightly flour hands and shape each portion into a 1 x 15" long log. Place logs 3" apart on lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake for 23 minutes; cool logs 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300. Cut each log diagonally into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife. Place slices on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely on wire racks.

After making the Gingerbread ones... for sure I will be trying these too!!

--------------------

Yum! new
      #221278 - 10/25/05 08:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I made these tonight, and they are really good! All I had here at the house for nuts was 1/3 cup or so of walnuts, so I toasted those and used them instead - that was a drastic difference, but they're still good. Thanks for the recipe, Shell!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 142 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4314

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review