All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Apple Sweet Potato Scallop
      #120980 - 11/11/04 10:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I don't THINK one like this has been posted yet....sorry if it has, but 'TIS THE SEASON!

APPLE SWEET POTATO SCALLOP

6 apples, peeled & sliced
6 sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced
1 c. orange juice
Grated zest of 1 orange
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. crushed corn flakes or bread crumbs

Spray a 9"x13" baking dish with Pam. Place alternate layers of sweet potatoes and apples in baking dish, ending with apples. Pour orange juice and zest over mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake, covered with foil in preheated 375 degree oven for 40 minutes. Remove foil and top with crushed cereal or bread crumbs. Bake 15 to 20 minutes more until brown.

(*note: if you want to use FRESH OJ, you will need to buy about 3 oranges to get a cups worth of juice.... Thanks Casey for that tip! )

web page

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Edited by Shell Marr (11/12/04 08:45 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Apple Sweet Potato Scallop new
      #121040 - 11/11/04 12:47 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Shell, I LOVE YOU! Heh. I was *just* getting ready to do a search for sweet potato ideas for dinner tomorrow night, and this is PERFECT. Thank you!

#121043 - 11/11/04 01:01 PM
Shell Marr

Oh, I love you too!! hehehe Let me know how it turns out and if you make any changes to it...

--------------------

OMG does that sound good!!! -nt- new
      #121093 - 11/11/04 03:46 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

SO GOOD! new
      #121365 - 11/12/04 04:41 PM
atomic rose

I made this for dinner tonight, and other than cutting the recipe in half, the only changes I made were to (1) use fresh orange juice (hey, what else was I gonna do with a zested orange?) and (2) spray the crumbs with butter-flavor cooking spray after I sprinkled them on. It was SO GOOD. And I say "was" because between the 2 of us, there were no leftovers.

So yes, this rocked... thanks for posting this, Shell!!

Re: SO GOOD! new
      #121370 - 11/12/04 05:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

I made this for dinner tonight, and other than cutting the recipe in half, what size pan did ya use? Did you adjust the cooking time at all? the only changes I made were to (1) use fresh orange juice (hey, what else was I gonna do with a zested orange?) LOL... kinda figured that was a given!! and (2) spray the crumbs with butter-flavor cooking spray after I sprinkled them on. GREAT idea!! It was SO GOOD. And I say "was" because between the 2 of us, there were no leftovers.

So yes, this rocked... thanks for posting this, Shell!! WWWOOOOHHHHHHHOOOOOOO....

--------------------

Edited by Shell Marr (11/12/04 05:26 PM)

#121372 - 11/12/04 05:34 PM
atomic rose

Um... well, I have no idea what size the pan is off the top of my head, it's an antique casserole dish, not anything "standard". I guess it's about a 10x6 oval dish. I didn't adjust the cooking time at all; it was layered pretty thick and needed every minute of that hour.

And the OJ wasn't a given for me... one orange only made 1/3 cup of juice... so if I'd made the full-size recipe, I would have had to use OJ out of the carton. But the fresh really made it, I think, so next time (I'm going to double it to take with me for Thanksgiving, I think) I'll buy more oranges!

#121406 - 11/12/04 08:42 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Um... well, I have no idea what size the pan is off the top of my head, it's an antique casserole dish, not anything "standard". I guess it's about a 10x6 oval dish. I didn't adjust the cooking time at all; it was layered pretty thick and needed every minute of that hour.

And the OJ wasn't a given for me... one orange only made 1/3 cup of juice... DOH!! I did not realize that sorry... I'll put a note in the original recipe if it is not too late so if I'd made the full-size recipe, I would have had to use OJ out of the carton. But the fresh really made it, I think, so next time (I'm going to double it to take with me for Thanksgiving, I think) I'll buy more oranges!

--------------------

#218561 - 10/09/05 08:23 PM
Shell Marr

Anyone besides Casey try this yet? Thoughts?

--------------------

I just want to say... new
      #218566 - 10/09/05 11:52 PM
atomic rose

...that I've made this SO MANY TIMES since last fall... did I mention that it's SO GOOD? Hehe.

Btw, one night when I was in a hurry and didn't want to wait for such a long baking time, I used canned sweet potatoes, sliced up, instead of fresh ones. The flavor wasn't *nearly* as good (read: serve fresh sweet potatoes to company!!), but it was still pretty tasty.

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6556

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review