All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Leek recipes?
      #110883 - 10/06/04 03:40 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Anyone have something interesting to do with my leeks?

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Leek, Spinach and Rice Salad new
      #110896 - 10/06/04 04:10 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Found this which has good SF base...

Ingredients
4 tbsp olive oil (Reduce this I'd say, maybe replace half w FF salad dressing of your choice, or even the whole amount)
1 leek, sliced
2 large handfuls of spinach leaves
55g/2oz rice, cooked
salt
freshly ground black pepper

Method
1. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan and sauté the leek for 2-3 minutes to soften.
2. Place the spinach and rice in a large bowl. Add the sautéed leek and remaining olive oil and season to taste.
3. Toss together until well coated in the oil.
4. Transfer to a serving dish and serve.

--------------------
S.

Lime Salmon Escalope with Sautéed Leeks new
      #110900 - 10/06/04 04:20 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Ingredients
125g/5oz salmon fillet
30g/1oz unsalted butter, melted
1 lime, juice only
1 tbsp olive oil
1 leek, sliced
salt
freshly ground black pepper

From bbc.co.uk/food

Method
1. Preheat the grill to high. *this is a UK recipe, grill means the one you cook under not on top of!
2. Place the salmon between two sheets of cling film and flatten with a meat mallet until 2cm/1in thick.
3. Place the salmon on a warmed non-stick-baking tray and spray either side with butter spray, brush either side with lime juice.
4. Season with salt and pepper and place under the hot grill for 2-3 minutes either side or until golden.
5. In a medium pan with butter spray sauté the leeks for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
6. Remove the salmon from under the grill and transfer to a serving plate.
7. Remove the leeks from the heat and serve alongside the salmon escalope.

Sounds yummy and soo simple ...Sinead

--------------------
S.

CREAMY LEEK SOUP new
      #111082 - 10/07/04 09:52 AM
KellyAndersson

Reged: 03/24/04
Loc: N.California

2 LEEKS
2 MEDIUM PEELED POTATOES
1-1/2 CUPS CHICKEN BROTH
1/2 CUP FINE-DICED CELERY
1/2 CUP FINE-CHOPPED FRESH CILANTRO
SALT AND PEPPER

Trim tops and bottoms of leeks and slice vertically in half. Clean under gently running cold water. Slice leeks horizontally into 1/4 inch slices, using all the white part and a bit of the green part. Spray a saucepan and sauté half the leeks till tender. Set aside. Cut up one of the potatoes into half-inch chunks; boil this in water with a little salt and the other half of the leeks till potato is mushy. Don't drain the water. Let this cool, then run it through the blender till it's pretty smooth, adding a little water or soy milk if necessary to keep it moving. Should be very thick, almost like pudding.

Dice up the other potato into small chunks and boil it gently with the celery and chicken broth till the spuds are JUST barely tender. Add more water if necessary. Mix everything together, add cilantro and salt and pepper (I use a lot of pepper and often add a dash of chili powder too) and warm it. Add more chicken broth or soy milk if it's too thick. You can add little chunks of chicken or fish to this recipe and not hurt it at all. Call me when you get it done and I'll come over for lunch.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3101

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review