3 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, divided
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup egg beaters (or 4 egg whites)
1 cup soy or rice milk
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
1/3 cup canola oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp soy butter, melted

In a small bowl, whisk together the soy/rice milk and cider vinegar; set aside. In another bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine egg beaters (or egg whites), soy/rice milk mixture, oil and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until smooth. Pour half of the batter into a 9x5x3 loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; stir in butter. Drizzle half over batter; cut through with a knife to swirl. Top with remaining batter. Drizzle with remaining cinnamon-sugar mixture; swirl with a knife. Bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Cinnamon Coffee Cake Loaf new
      #115084 - 10/22/04 07:14 PM
Andrew L

Reged: 10/16/04

Dear Racheal;
GREAT looking recipe for me,a fan of crumb cake looking for alternatives after suffering with IBS to the point of dropping out of school because of it(long story).But that seems like an awful lot of oil for an IBS recipe-can I replace it with crushed blueberries or bananas?The problem with using fruit to replace oil is then you don't taste the cake itself,if you know what I mean.But it's better then having too much pain to stand,I guess.
Sincerely,
A.Locascio

I see you are Rachel now Rachel! -nt new
      #115086 - 10/22/04 07:16 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Replacing the oil... new
      #115182 - 10/23/04 08:39 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Sorry Andrew, I didn't see this till this morning. My guess is you could use unsweetened applesauce instead, or try to split it half and half with the oil. I wonder also, if just using 1/4 cup of the oil instead of 1/3 would work too.

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 202 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1903

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review