All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Wheat free recipes
      #100911 - 08/24/04 10:13 AM
Peanut

Reged: 02/09/03
Loc: England

Hello everyone. I was told a few weeks ago I couldn't have wheat anymore, so now am trying to find good recipes. I also have to stay away from sugar, so am looking for any wheat/dairy free & low-fat and sugar recipes or good websites. Any advice on wheat free baking would be greatly appreciated as well!! I am struggling a bit with this new baking, but have only just started.

--------------------
So much baking, so little time.....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sheri (AKA PEANUT) -welcome back!!............Kandee Read too new
      #100953 - 08/24/04 11:22 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I've missed ya girl!!

I can't help you with this but I THINK Kandee can.... I'll yell for her!! hehehe

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Wheat free recipes new
      #101000 - 08/24/04 01:30 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

check the celiac boards... they have a ton... I use them mostly for recipes... unfortunately, I have to check at home for wheat free IBS safe stuff, but there are a lot of celiacs who have other allergies as you describe...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#101076 - 08/24/04 06:13 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Quote:

Hello everyone. Hi Sheri! I was told a few weeks ago I couldn't have wheat anymore, so now am trying to find good recipes. celiac.com is a good place to start. Also putting in a Google search for Gluten Free recipes. It's not so hard as you think to sub a gluten free flour, or mix of flours for reg. wheat flour but you usually have to add Xanthan gum to sub for the actual gluten. I also have to stay away from sugar, so am looking for any wheat/dairy free & low-fat and sugar recipes or good websites. Any advice on wheat free baking would be greatly appreciated as well!! A little trick I use all the time, especially with Heather's loaf breads is to make them in a 9X9 or 8X8 pan instead of a loaf pan. GF breads can be tricky and like to fall now and then, without any warning. I am struggling a bit with this new baking, but have only just started. I'm sorry...you'll get it, I promise. As far as subs for sugar, I can't help you much other than to say use less sugar/honey or a fruit sauce or fruit butter to sweeten things. Kandee

--------------------

Re: Sheri (AKA PEANUT) -welcome back!!............Kandee Read too new
      #101126 - 08/25/04 04:35 AM
Peanut

Thank you Shell Marr!! It is good to be back. What Kandee said sounded great and I now hope to put it to use soon. Wish I was a bit closer to go to Vegas, so I will be there in spirit (since we were only there for our wedding in March). I suggest Excalibur's buffet's for IBS safe foods. We went to a few different ones and Excalibur's was by far the best and we seriously would get excited to eat there.

--------------------

#101132 - 08/25/04 05:23 AM
Peanut

Kandee,
Thank you for the great advice. I am having a look as we speak, but just wanted to thank you!! I know some of the flours in the recipes, I can't get over here. I will just have to work it out some how! THANK YOU again!! I would love any great recipes you have that are low in fat as well.

At least I can still bake for the rest of the family and enjoy the wonderful smells.

Sheri

--------------------

#101166 - 08/25/04 07:03 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

Thank you Shell Marr!! It is good to be back. What Kandee said sounded great and I now hope to put it to use soon. Wish I was a bit closer to go to Vegas, so I will be there in spirit (since we were only there for our wedding in March). I suggest Excalibur's buffet's for IBS safe foods. We went to a few different ones and Excalibur's was by far the best and we seriously would get excited to eat there.

WE will enjoy your spirt and party with it!! Thanks for the info on the buffet... I will make sure the others on the Vegas board know! Again...great to have you back and good luck with the wheat free!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#101199 - 08/25/04 08:40 AM
Kandee

Quote:

Quote:

WE will enjoy your spirt and party with it!! Thanks for the info on the buffet... I will make sure the others on the Vegas board know! Again...great to have you back and good luck with the wheat free!

Well, I ate there in March. It was cheap and I had NO prob finding safe foods. What I liked was that you could get your own beverages and not have to wait on a server. They had de-caf teas and a few herbals. I'm funny and sometimes like my herbals iced so get the hot water and a glass of ice to pour it over. Also, you can get as many glasses of water or juice as you like, so if you need to mix your SFS in one, no problem. Since it is one of the biggest there were tons of tables and spread out so we could, if need be move ones together. Just my 2 cents worth.

Unfortunately I can't remember the items on the buffet.

--------------------

PEANUT new
      #101236 - 08/25/04 10:00 AM
Kandee

Quote:

Kandee,
Thank you for the great advice. I am having a look as we speak, but just wanted to thank you!! I know some of the flours in the recipes, I can't get over here. I will just have to work it out some how! THANK YOU again!! I would love any great recipes you have that are low in fat as well.

At least I can still bake for the rest of the family and enjoy the wonderful smells.

Sheri

Sheri? Can you get a Gluten free pancake mix over there? I like the one from Bob's Red Mill best but have used other brands. I make up lots of Gf pancakes and keep them in the fridge and grab when I want a soluble fiber food in a hurry. I also top with cinnamon. Cinnamon keeps blood sugar low and stable. I'm married to a diabetic and push 1/2 teaspoon off on him daily (in one form or another). I eat the pancakes cold or nuk in the microwave a few seconds...eat plain or with an all fruit preserve or apple butter. I've also used the pancake mix to make up Kree's easy fruit cobbler and put some cinnamon right in the batter...yum. Hint: when you do this make the batter a little thicker than if you were making pancakes. Check on ordering flours and mixes mail order there. It may be worth it.

Kandee

--------------------

#101392 - 08/25/04 05:14 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

YOU are my twin! I love dogs, can't have wheat, and can't have sugar. I'm excited you posted this...and looking forward to replies!

*hugs*

Your twin, Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 31847

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review