All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Having a hard time atm new
      #30623 - 12/08/03 02:36 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I'm ill AGAIN! All the doc's managed is that it seems to be a viral problem, but this has been going on for a while. It's been a couple of months since I first started getting faint and now I'm just wiped out.

I think I've got Fibromyalgia, although this hasn't been confirmed by my doc. I was in a car accident two years ago and I still haven't got a settlement, tho it shouldn't be too long now. Anyway, I don't want the Fibromyalgia to be on my notes as the other's sides solicitors would have a field day with that!

But that seems to make sense...joint pain, exhaustion, problems with viral infections (esp. post-viral lethargy), IBS.

I'm just totally wiped out and want to sleep all the time. I had 16hours sleep today in preparation for coming back to work and doing a night-shift, but I'm STILL tired.

If this keeps up, I'm going to lose my job, although they've been quite nice about it so far.

It's just so unfair. I'm fed up of having things wrong that don't come up on tests. As far as the doctors can see, I'm perfectly healthy, but I'm actually continuously ill.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent and to explain why I haven't been around.

Linz

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Having a hard time atm new
      #30663 - 12/08/03 08:19 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Linz I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon.

Have you been tested for Chronic Fatigue? What kind of blood tests has your doctor ordered? Do you have any allergies?

I'm trying to guess at what can be wrong.

Take care and hugs your way!
Barb

#30807 - 12/09/03 01:51 PM
Linz

Thanks Barbara...it means alot.

I haven't been tested for Chronic Fatigue... I didn't even know there was a test for this. Any ideas about what I should check my doc is testing for? I haven't got a clue so I'm just kinda assuming they're doing the right tests.

Linz

Re: Having a hard time atm
      #30817 - 12/09/03 02:11 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It might be other things too. There are quite a few things with your list of symptoms!

You could have the Epstein Barr Virus (disease?) I know there are other possibilits, but I can't think of them now...

If you go to MD.com they will do a self-diagnosis for you (the questioning is quite lenghthy and I was quite impressed). The downside is it costs. (about $15 or so).

Have you been checked for anemia? Are there specific times of day your fatigue is worse than others?

I hope you get all of this figured out--soon!!! Take care of yourself...health is EVERYTHING!

*hugs*

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#30834 - 12/09/03 03:35 PM
Morven

Reged: 07/31/03
Loc: Scotland,UK

Sorry to hear your not feeling so good.Lots of hugs to you too!!

--------------------
Morven

#30836 - 12/09/03 03:46 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

I'm soo sorry to hear your so tired and not feeling yourself. Your taking meds? Has the Dr. relooked at your med and vitamin regimen? IBS makes us tired to. Gerds can cause problems with sleep and Fibro can definetly be symptomatic to IBS, How about trying a probiotics to help you? Fainting can also mean other ailments , ie neurological. get another Dr. if he doesn't rule out everything do research and ask your Dr.,What about thyroid?
Chronic fatigue or hyperglycemia? OOh I hope you feel better soon. My thoughts are with you.

#30843 - 12/09/03 04:24 PM
Linz

Thanks guys! You're all great.

I think I'm going to go back to the doctor and insist on more tests. They can't have checked for everything. Tho' it might have to wait until after Christmas as I'm busy, busy, busy.

Doing my second night-shift of three right now. I felt like death today, but didn't feel I could not come into work (I don't want to lose this job yet!). Surviving on Lucozade as I don't feel like eating ANYTHING and it seems to be helping - I'm awake anyway !

Thanks for all your thoughts and suggestions. It really helps to have you guys there.

"Hugs"

Linz

#30857 - 12/09/03 04:51 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Quote:

Doing my second night-shift of three right now.

Do you switch between day and night shifts, Linz? That would reek havoc on anyone's body - IBS or not - and make you more prone to catching colds, viruses, etc. Not getting enough sleep will definitely lessen your immune system's defenses, as well as confuse your body. For people with IBS, it's almost a double hazard as your body stresses more when it's tired.

If you think this might be the cause, maybe look into a better job that will allow you to have a solid sleeping schedule?

Hope you feel better!

--------------------
- Jennifer

#30861 - 12/09/03 05:33 PM
Linz

I know my job is making me worse. Not only do I do a mixture of day and night shifts (not too many night-ones thank God!), but I work in London and when I'm working "normal" hours I have to commute in on bus, train and tube! Talk about germs!!! My doctor's told me that while I'm at this job I'm going to get ill, but my kind of work is in short supply and I need the money, what with getting married and (hopefully!) getting a house. I'm quitting next May to work for myself. Till then, I really need the pay packet.

#30891 - 12/09/03 07:38 PM
BarbaraS

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Wisconsin

Linz ask your doctor what blood tests he/she has ordered. You have that right. Also in America we have a right to our medical records. If it is the same by you - call Medical Records and ask what you need to do to get a copy of your records.
My old doctor ran a series a blood tests and I had no clue what he ordered. I did receive my blood test results by mail and than went on line and did a search about the blood tests that were ordered.
Keep us posted.
Barb

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 153 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1291

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review