All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Back From Nahlin's (New Orleans)
      #177658 - 05/09/05 09:57 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Well, we are back from Nahlin's (New Orleans)… what a wonderful trip with the exception on my neck and shoulder hurting from the car accident last week. I'm happy to report that I was not sick at all and even better yet…. on the last plane ride home I saw FOUR people requesting seat belt extensions from the flight crew and I DID NOT HAVE TO!! WWWWooooohhhhhhoooooooo!! We had some wonderful food… some IBS safe..and others not so much!! Had me an egg white omelet w/crawfish & tomatoes, it was soooo good. But also HAD to taste the Beignets & few sips of a frozen coffee at www.cafedumonde.com oh, those were good, messy but good!! Also had salmon, halibut, crab, fennel, polenta, grits, Belgian waffle banana foster, apple crisp, fresh strawberry vinaigrette salad, and other fresh fruits too, and LOTS of water. It was about 80 most days. We stayed at the Le Pavillon Hotel , it was very nice and would stay there again for sure!! Shane & I did a city tour… the most interesting part was the cemetery. Bourbon Street was VERY interesting… it was like Mini Mardi Gras starting about 6pm going until 4am…. Saw lots of T&A (both male & female). Shane & I did not get as wild as we would have liked because we were with co-workers and my boss. But we did not drink either…. I did however flick this guys penis (ok ok, it was made out of a balloon) LOL. I must have covered a good 18-20 miles walking on this trip too!! Shane & I will be going back again someday!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Back From Nahlin's (New Orleans) new
      #177698 - 05/09/05 12:20 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

beignets are awesome!

I'm so glad you had a great time! the food sounds yummy.

--------------------

#177705 - 05/09/05 12:35 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Sounds like fun Shell, its on my list of places to go one day!

--------------------
S.

#177725 - 05/09/05 01:04 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Quote:

Well, we are back from Nahlin's (New Orleans)… what a wonderful trip with the exception on my neck and shoulder hurting from the car accident last week. Is it getting any better? I hope so! I'm happy to report that I was not sick at all YAY!! and even better yet…. on the last plane ride home I saw FOUR people requesting seat belt extensions from the flight crew and I DID NOT HAVE TO!! WWWWooooohhhhhhoooooooo!! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!! We had some wonderful food… some IBS safe..and others not so much!! Had me an egg white omelet w/crawfish & tomatoes, it was soooo good. But also HAD to taste the Beignets & few sips of a frozen coffee at www.cafedumonde.com oh, those were good, messy but good!! Also had salmon, halibut, crab, fennel, polenta, grits, Belgian waffle banana foster, apple crisp, fresh strawberry vinaigrette salad, and other fresh fruits too, and LOTS of water. Yum! Sounds good! (I'm hungry! LOL) It was about 80 most days. We stayed at the Le Pavillon Hotel , it was very nice and would stay there again for sure!! Shane & I did a city tour… the most interesting part was the cemetery. One of my coworkers just went a couple of weeks ago and was talking about the cemeteries there. The part that weirded him out was the one they picked to go into, one of the headstones had his exact name and his ex wife's exact name together on the same one. He took a picture of it! How weird is that? LOL Bourbon Street was VERY interesting… it was like Mini Mardi Gras starting about 6pm going until 4am…. Saw lots of T&A (both male & female). Shane & I did not get as wild as we would have liked because we were with co-workers and my boss. But we did not drink either…. I did however flick this guys penis (ok ok, it was made out of a balloon) LOL. ROFL. I can TOTALLY see you doing that! LOL I must have covered a good 18-20 miles walking on this trip too!! Shane & I will be going back again someday!! Glad you had a good time! I've never been, but it's on my list! BTW - like your periwinkle font!

#177796 - 05/09/05 04:34 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

beignets are awesome!
they were so messy.... the birds were loving it... they were everywhere grabbing up the crumbs...
I'm so glad you had a great time! the food sounds yummy. thanks...it was a lot of fun..

--------------------

#177797 - 05/09/05 04:45 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Sounds like fun Shell, its on my list of places to go one day!

Oh, for sure.... make sure you are there on a Fri and/or Sat night... wild times to be had!!

--------------------

#177818 - 05/09/05 06:56 PM

Unregistered

Yay! Glad to hear that the trip was such a success!! I haven't been to Louisiana since I was little so I'd love to go back when I can actually remember it better.

Hope your neck and shoulder start feeling better asap!

Post a few pics from the trip if you can!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 75 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1453

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review