Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Ugh, no more hospital... new
      #166726 - 04/04/05 01:04 AM
Jennifer1946

Reged: 02/13/05
Loc: Karachi - Pakistan

Hi Nelly,
I hope you are feeling better. I can understand what you were going through as the same happened to me a couple of months ago on the day of my nephew's engagement and I could not attend. Take care. Love Jenny

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh Nelly... new
      #166764 - 04/04/05 06:41 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Nelly dear, you poor thing. Tell your body that it has been mischeivious enough and that you aren't going to put up with any more stomach troubles. Enough if enough.

I hope that it gets better. I have a feeling that you ended up going to the hospital. If you did, don't feel like it's the end of the world. You're pretty sick Nelly and it doesn't sound like it's ibs and that you can treat it yourself. Maybe you need antibiotics and it's some sort of infection. Is that possible?

Big hugs as always and take good care of yourself. Please update us once you're able to. Come crash on my couch and I'll take care of you Nelly! You can bring your dog too.

Small update new
      #166774 - 04/04/05 06:58 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Just wanted to post to say I'm still here and fighting to get better!!!!! And guys, thanks so much for the posts. I really rely on your help love and support! Can't even tell you how much it means to me. It's so hard having the kind of D you just can't stop like normal! There's no cramping or contractions-- it's like all of a sudden my large intestine is filled with water and I have to let it drain all of a sudden. (TMI, sorry). Just so frustrating!

So it's Monday morning and and it's still going on. The thing is, when I limit my fluid intake it runs less, so I'm taking small sips of fluid constantly throughout the day. I'm taking this protein electrolyte drink, water and flat sprite (my mainstays when I can't eat anything). No vomiting or urge to vomit, and I'm not in pain, happily. But I am tied to my bed, so it's lucky we have cable tv.

As much as I detest the hospital, if I get a fever or cramps or if the puking comes back I'll be going in. But as long as I stay hydrated I'm just going to weather this out at home.

I sincerely appreciate you guys... When it's hard like this you really come through for me, and I can't thank you enough.

~nelly~

Re: Small update new
      #166778 - 04/04/05 07:01 AM
Sara-Sage

Maybe it just needs to pass through your system. I recommend taking some probiotics incase it's a bug.

You stay in bed and make sure that you don't get dehydrated. That is an order, missy!

And yes, We all love our Nelly!

You are so sweet, S-S!! new
      #166782 - 04/04/05 07:10 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

If Dr. Tina sez stay in bed, well I have no problem with that.

~nelly~ I think King of the Hill is on, somewhere in cable land

Re: Small update new
      #166784 - 04/04/05 07:16 AM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

BIG HUGS!!! I hope you don't have to go back to the hosp! Love ya nd hope you feel better soon!!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: You are so sweet, S-S!! new
      #166786 - 04/04/05 07:27 AM
Sara-Sage

That's right!

Re: Small update
      #166816 - 04/04/05 09:06 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Ugh, so sorry Nelly!! Taking the vicodin to help make you C is a good idea. I would NOT suggest the glycerin suppository, it will stimulate you to go more!! Also, do you have any anti-spasm drugs, like bentyl, levsin or donnatol? I know you said you weren't really cramping but they can also cause some C and make help slow things down. The donnatol also has a mild sedative it in, which might help you rest more comfortably. They are cheap prescriptions so if you don't have any, do you have a dr who would call in a script for you? Since they are not narcotics there shouldn't be any issue from teh dr's standpoint!

Do keep an eye out for fever. And I worry about you getting dehydrated. Keep us posted when you can so we don't worry too much!! Hugs and love!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

You're a trooper! new
      #166846 - 04/04/05 10:20 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Nelly,

You sound like you're dealing with this really well Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and I really hope that you feel better soon. Glad to hear that you're taking care of yourself and that you will go back to the hospital if you need to (I hate hospitals too...know where you're coming from there).

Keep us posted and feel better!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 611 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1211

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review