All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
oh my!!! *HUG* new
      #146750 - 02/04/05 01:25 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I have degeneritive disc disease.. this seems to be common these days though- I saw 3 docs before a Chiropractor found it in x-rays and then sent me to another regular doc- he is treating me, but he wanted me to have the medical diagnosis on file who believed me.. my GP did but no orthopods.. I can't believe the medical community.. I thought I was a small example, but here you are with even worse problems and being blown off by them too!

I am so sorry you are dealing wiht this and I hope its soemthing that can be speedily resolved for you...

Amie

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Thanks to all of you! new
      #146766 - 02/04/05 01:41 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Thank you all for your replies---and the hope you've given me. I know it's not life-threatening or he would've sent me to the ER immediately, but I was just so in shock when he said all of this. It was so unexpected after the lack of concern I received from the other 2 doctors! Talk about feeling like someone hit you in the head with a brick!

I am looking forward to sleeping through the night tonight (in my bed and not in a chair), but now I'm worried about getting addicted to the pain medicine.

Lortab questions new
      #146768 - 02/04/05 01:44 PM
BL

Although I'm delighted at the thought of being painfree tonight---and sleeping an entire night, I'm scared to take the painkiller, Lortab.

Two concerns----I understand it can be addictive, and it can cause constipation. Great! Just what I need! I've finally seen some improvement recently in my IBS-C. I don't want to have bad C again.

Help! Please share your experience with this medication, if you've taken it.

Thanks in advance.

I'm sorry BL. You're in my thoughts and prayers -nt- new
      #146769 - 02/04/05 01:46 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

--------------------

Re: Lortab questions new
      #146776 - 02/04/05 01:56 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

I haven't personally used Lortabs, but my husband has. He hasn't had any problems taking them. He's been using them everyday for over 2 years and what he can't stand is pain; and these help him so much.

Maybe you could try them tonight to at least get a good night's rest and see how they work for you. My husband takes them round the clock, but you could probably get by with just using them at night.

I've always been afraid of becoming addicted to pills, too, and I only use what I absolutely have to, so I understand your fear. But, why not try it for one night and see how you do? My daughter had to be on pain pills recently and she was afraid of them, too. But, she only needed them for a few weeks and then stopped them with no problem.
I'll be thinking of you,
Terri

Re: Back from the doctor---I'm in shock new
      #146784 - 02/04/05 02:06 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

You have been added to my list sweetie... WOW... Too bad he can't tell you WHAT he is THINKING it might be........

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Lortab questions new
      #146798 - 02/04/05 02:36 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi BL,

My son is taking Lortab after his surgery and has had no problem. The doc said you only become addicted if you take them for a long period of time and not just temporarily to relieve pain or to help you sleep. I think it will be OK for you to take them on a short term basis. If you are concerned, maybe you could just take half the dose and see what it does.

It might be worth the "C" for a good night's sleep.

Let us know what happens.

Good Luck
Barbie

--------------------

Thank you, Terri and Barbie. I appreciate your input. --nt-- new
      #146810 - 02/04/05 03:24 PM
BL

#146859 - 02/04/05 05:42 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

That's tough to hear, isn't it? I would have demanded to know what he thought it was?

I hope you find out very soon and try not to let your mind wander.

#146863 - 02/04/05 06:17 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I'm sorry you are having to deal with the physical pain and now the waiting game.

Can you call him and ask him what his thought are on what is going on? I know some doctors are hesitant to give any type of "diagnosis" without full testing, but he might give you some sort of possibilities.

Try not to get yourself worked up over this, as hard as that may be. Try to concentrate on the fact that you finally have a doctor who is going to get to the root of your pain and will be able to treat you and give you some relief.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 657 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3867

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review