All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)
Congratulations!!!! new
      #140150 - 01/19/05 06:39 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Wow, I logged off for 1 hour, come back, and find out Sinead is getting married!

Hoorah, more good news! You'll have to fill us in on all the details when you have some time!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

YAHOO! Congratulations! ---nt--- new
      #140154 - 01/19/05 06:44 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: My news! New Yorkers please take note! new
      #140160 - 01/19/05 07:03 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Thanks Jen, only seeing this now and we got are leaving tomorrow. We went to Alcatraz, the Golden Gate bridge and on a cable car today, we are staying near Union Square, this is such a beautiful city. I didn't realise that you were so close, we'll see you the next time. Tomorrow we are going to the Napa Vally and heading down some of Route 1, Can't wait!

--------------------
S.

congrats! i'm soo happy for you! -nt- new
      #140161 - 01/19/05 07:03 PM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

Re: Dalia..YAY! new
      #140164 - 01/19/05 07:04 PM
cailin

Great Dalia, would love to meet your lovely hubby too, We are staying in the Milennium Broadway at 44th (ish) so Manhattan ANYWHERE is good for us, I will let you and Tommy figure out the details. My email is in my profile, I have my irish mobile with me and will email you the number closer to the date to text message each other. So excited!

--------------------
S.

YAY! Congratulations Sinead!!! new
      #140168 - 01/19/05 07:12 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

That's awesome!
I hope the rest of your trip is amazing and we want details when you get back!!
I am so happy for you!!
**big hugs**
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

HOW he did it
      #140170 - 01/19/05 07:16 PM
cailin

I will try to keep this as brief as possible, but hey, you know me

As you all know we went to Paris on Friday. We had a lovely romantic dinner Friday night. Saturday we went for a walk in the morning, it was a really cold sunny morning. I had told P a story a million times about how when I was a student and lived in Paris we were so broke and such party girls that we used to go to McDonalds near the Luxembourg Gardens and buy a large coke, then drink some and fill it up with vodka we bought in the supermarket before we went to the pub...I know, I know I am more respectable now.. \

So, as we walk to the Lux Gardens, he says he is thirsty and goes into my old McDonalds and gets a coke. Then we go for a walk around the gardens. We sit on a bench and enjoy the quiteness, Then he produced a tiny bottle of vodka and we put it in the coke and giggle like schoolkids. Next thing I say to him that this is such a perfect day and says among other things that I make him so happy, a few compliments like this ensue and next thing I know he is down on one knee asking if I will marry him! I just said "OF COURSE I WILL" and we both hugged and cried and hugged and cried!

Then he sat back down beside me and he said I have a token for you, he gives me this little box with a ring in it, instead of a diamond the ring has a little stone..he said its cos I am always saying I want a rock!!!

Then he gives me a larger box. I open it and there is a piece of paper in it that says "Chicago" I look at him puzzled, he said that he couldn't decide where to buy my ring, then I open the next box and it says "San Francisco", the next says "LA" the next one"Las Vegas" and the final one "New York", I asked him what it all meant and he said that he had planned a trip for us leaving Dublin the next day to go to all of these places, I couldn't believe it. He had even got my friend to organise the time off work, and had told my brother and 2 of his brothers that he was taking me on a surprise holiday. Even better he got the brothers to agree to do finish the DIY!

So we wandered around Paris that day, flew back to Dublin at 8pm, got home about 9.45 got a taxi the next morning at 8.15 to fly to Chicago via London. The first day in Chicago we went looking at rings in a store beside the (fabulous) hotel and I saw one I loved, and we bought it!!

Its a platinum solitaire, I have pictures and if the demand is there I will post it.

We are in San Fran now, leaving tomorrow to tour California.

Really looking forward to meeting Tommy, Dalia & husband and anyone else who can make it to NYC on Friday week

Thanks everyone for the congratulations! I have a wedding to plan!!!

--------------------
S.

Re: HOW he did it new
      #140174 - 01/19/05 07:26 PM
AmandaPanda, J.D.

Reged: 04/26/04
Loc: New York, New York

What a sweet, romantic story. NOW POST PICS OF THE RING!

--------------------
Amanda

I live in the Big Apple, but I don't eat the skin

my ring! new
      #140176 - 01/19/05 07:31 PM
cailin

Here it is!! (NOT ACTUAL SIZE!!! )
Panda- any chance you can meet us in NYC on Friday week and see it for real??

--------------------
S.

Sinead & Dalia new
      #140178 - 01/19/05 07:34 PM
TommyNY

Reged: 04/29/04

Okay guys, I just emailed you a couple of suggestions. I am thinking drinks for the 28th... I sent a couple of suggestions... Let me know what you guys think... When we get a place either Dalia or myself can make a separate thread for those who wish to partake in the celebration!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 280 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 24669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review