All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
I think I need to vent too
      #135334 - 01/05/05 12:36 PM

Unregistered

Well I am getting quite frustrated because I have managed my IBS so well lately and hardly ever have attacks. But the past week I have just been feeling so awful every day! And it is beginning to get a little annoying to say the least.

Thank goodness I still have this week of vacation from school, but I'm hoping I'm back to normal feeling in a few days because I hate to leave the house now! I had done so well getting past that feeling when I was so bad off a year ago, but now I feel like I'm becoming a hermit. I hate feeling like a prisoner in my house and to myself. Boo!

I suppose things could be far worse, but I've been trying to eat carefully and still I don't feel good later. Part of it I believe can be contributed to the glorious effects that come with being a girl, but I just don't know because it's been so long since I've felt like this!

Ugh well that's enough now, I felt the need to complain to people who would understand I hope everyone else is having a happy tummy day for me.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I think I need to vent too new
      #135343 - 01/05/05 12:48 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

AAWWEEE Sweets!! I am sorry to hear your tummy is misbehaving!! I hope you feel better soon!!! Being a Girl can realy suck and I would not be at all suprised if that is what is causing this for you right now!! Some months are better than other! Which can make it real hard to tell what is what!! I understand!!1 I ask my tummy every morning so what ya got in store for me today!!! LOL

BIG HUGS!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

#135362 - 01/05/05 01:07 PM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Aw Swettie, sorry to hear your tummy is misbehaving!! That wonderful time of the month always makes things worse for me as well. The heating pad works wonders!! Stick to very safe foods for a couple of days and try to relax. Stress always makes my tummy so much worse! This is just a minor set back, we all have them from time to time. Sit back, drink some tea and admire your beautiful purses!! Feel better soon!!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

awww Brittany new
      #135387 - 01/05/05 01:34 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

I know what you mean too! I am also having "the glorious effects of being a girl" same as you. This time every month has been the hardest for me to stabilize, and it has been an ongoing struggle. But, atleast it is not too bad this time around.
Something that I have noticed helped the past two months is with all the strenuous excercise I have been doing, my cramps have been next to nothing when usually they KILL me.

Hope your feeling better, and I also have noticed that chamomile can help with the cramping, which helps with the IBS end, too! Good thing you have time to rest up before school.
bah. School. As much as I love it, I don't wanna go back this semester!

--------------------
-Sheri

Thanks ladies! new
      #135403 - 01/05/05 01:55 PM

Unregistered

I've been laying in bed and watching TV and reading books and I think the variety of pills I took did their job and I'm feeling better. But this happened the past couple days and I feel good, then wake up feeling good and decide it's ok to eat something and then a few hours later I realize I wasn't ready yet. Ugh!

Well thanks for all the happy tummy thoughts and hugs

#135407 - 01/05/05 01:57 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Hugs Brittany, its easy to let tummy troubles get you down, I;ve been there. Try to think positive and try if you can to make yourself leave the house, one step at a time.
Remember you need to be in good form when you meet the Saks people!
take care,

--------------------
S.

#135547 - 01/06/05 12:02 AM
Angie113

Reged: 12/31/04
Loc: Alternate b/w Northern and Southern California

Sorry you feel so bad!! That time of the month is always worse for me as well, and I just hope it gets better. Try not to feel so bad about staying in...you need to do what will get you through this difficult time You're off school so try to think of it as relaxing vacation time! Good luck!!

--------------------
~Angela

Brittany new
      #135567 - 01/06/05 06:08 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

I'm sorry you're having a hard time. Maybe it's all the excitement about your new purses! My IBS tends to come in waves, and I know it's related to stress. Or maybe it's just a break in routine for you. When do you return to school? Where do you go to school? (I know you told me before, but I forgot. Forgive me,but I'm one of the oldies, remember!!!)

Re: Brittany new
      #135571 - 01/06/05 06:31 AM

Unregistered

I start school back on Monday and I go to Ringling School of Art and Design. The school is in Sarasota where I'm from, so I don't have to actually move and go anywhere which is nice, but I'm just soooo not ready to be back in school again. Oh well though, I am close to being done.

Thanks the advice!

Re: Brittany new
      #135605 - 01/06/05 08:16 AM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Oh, the other great art and design school! I thought that's where you told me you were. My son is at the Savannah College or Art and Design. He just started in the fall---and after a 5-week break (they're on the quarter system), he couldn't wait to get back to school! He loves it, but of course, he just started, so the newness and enthusiasm hasn't worn off yet. He is majoring in graphic design and has his own screenprinting business, doing t-shirts and posters, mainly for independent bands.

I knew he would need supplies, but he emailed to say he had to buy $140 worth of supplies for an art class and $389 worth of supplies/equipment for his photography class. Ouch! We weren't expecting this! Do you have to purchase a lot of supplies too?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 858 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3677

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review