All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Contraction pain!! new
      #113923 - 10/18/04 07:02 PM
Casper

Reged: 10/16/04
Loc: Memphis, TN

Wow. That happened to me too! When I was pregnant with my youngest daughter my lactose intolerance went away as well. (Of course that was 6 years ago before my IBS realy began to act up) . It was kind of like a fun icecream and milk vacation.
Chany

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Thanks, Heather! new
      #113924 - 10/18/04 07:11 PM
Casper

Heather,
I only found this websight a couple of weeks ago. The change has been hard for me too. Chocolate chip cookies are my definate downfall. (Actually anything chocolate or cookie related will tempt me to cheat). This week I was really trying hard to be good and I has a relatively pain free week! But Woah I miss pizza!
By the way I can't spell to save my life so I feel your frustration.
Chany

Re: Does anyone here have pain predominant IBS? new
      #113931 - 10/18/04 07:24 PM
Casper

Dear Puddytat55,
I'm also new to this site. And I know what you mean about people not understanding. I always feel funny at social gatherings when people stare at my plate. I only put bite size pieces of anything because I'm afraid to eat in public lest it lead to an attack. I have IBS with constipation and I can go weeks without being able to "produce". The worst kind of attacks for me is when I have pain urgancy and just can't go.
Did you start this diet yet? I'm also very relieved to not be alone.
I hope you feel better soon.
Chany

Re: Itchy!
      #113951 - 10/18/04 08:39 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Hi Nelly, you are not the only person who has hives with these medications. I cannot take narcotics, period. I had abdominal surgery a few months back, they sent me home with darvocet, I was fine for a few days, then that darned suspicious rash across my abdominal area, little red circles. they spread to my breasts, my underarms, the tops of my thighs, my neck, my back. By the time I finally gave in and called the doc, he said no more Narcotics, EVER! Thats quite frightening for someone who may be facing more surgery one day. Sooooo, yes, I am afraid of Darvocet. I even had a reaction to Benedryl. My mom and sister both have the same side effects. What in the world are we going to do when the need arises. I certainly dread it. Hope you are doing better. gayla

Oh No! new
      #113986 - 10/19/04 06:24 AM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

You even had a reaction to benedryl? Oh my gosh! And that's pretty scary, not being able to take narcotics! The itchiness is a normal side effect, it has to do with your skin becomming dehydrated due to the narcotic. The hives are not, though! I get hives from some ADs, but none from narcotics, at least not yet!! I haven't tried them all!!

~nelly~

To LeeW: Hello puddytat!-tylenol and Liver Function Tests new
      #114773 - 10/21/04 06:08 PM
puddytat55

Reged: 10/11/04
Loc: New Jersey-dont laugh!

Thank you LeeW for the RN information about Tylenol....If I take an average of 10-12 a month should I have liver tests? Thank you for your response, I like to learn all I can about medicine and health....

--------------------
Puddytat55-I tawt I taw a puddytat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 260 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 17122

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review