Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Hypnosis for Irritable Bowel Syndrome Discussions

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
till

Reged: 02/11/03
Hypnotherapy- kind of hard to believe
      #9875 - 05/24/03 05:28 PM

How can listening to Hynotherapy tapes actually help? It's really hard to believe that listening to tapes can actually help. If I get the tapes which I really don't know how I'll be able too since they cost so much and if they don't work all that money will be wasted. I already have to order Citrucel in the U.S. and the bill comes to over one hundred and twenty bucks.
Thanks.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03
Re: Hypnotherapy- kind of hard to believe new
      #9888 - 05/24/03 11:38 PM

Yes, Angel, it IS hard to believe, because after spending tons of money on meds that don't help, and going through numerous procedures, etc. it does seen amazing that hypnotherapy would work. But it does! Michael Mahoney took on IBS patients that gastroenterologists could no longer do anything for; you can read all about it in Heather's book thru this link:
The First Year IBS: An Essential Guide for the Diagnosed Diagnosed www.firstyearibs.com/day7learnlive2.html

Also, about 3000 patients have used this method, and here are a few of their comments:
What users of the IBS Audio Program 100© are saying ~
My improvement has been remarkable. IBS no longer runs my life. I am extremely grateful to Mike for making these recordings. I continue to improve and believe I'm not going back. ~ Canada
Mike's program has completely rewired my brain/gut connections. The problem that bothered me most was having chills or hot flashes and hurrying to the toilet. Now I have no more IBS, anxiety or depression. Mike's program has helped greatly as I'm not on any meds and my IBS/Diarrhea is under control. ~ Texas
I find the program particularly useful for pain and diarrhea. This is an investment into my future and my health. They aren't a one-off treatment; you can use the skills they teach you for the rest of your life. ~ UK
Bottom line is, Mike's recordings have been the best thing I've done for IBS. My world no longer centers around when I'll have a BM, I'm a happier person, more active, relaxed, and I look forward to doing things I avoided in the past. The program helps with all IBS symptoms, including anxiety. The sooner you get started, the sooner you start to feel better. ~ Arizona
I think the program is the best thing you can do for yourself. It has had a tremendous impact on my life. ~ California
It was the best money I ever spent! Pain was my worst IBS symptom, and I was nearly dysfunctional. I am so happy not to live my life at the mercy of IBS. I want everyone who suffers to try this. ~ New York
It took only a couple of months to get my entire life back. I never would have pictured myself feeling as good as I do now, if it hadn't been for Mike and his program. ~ Michigan
I don't ever think I'll ever be able to articulate what Mike's program has done for me; as well as helping me manage my IBS, I am a calmer and more relaxed person. ~ UK

As for myself:

I have been on every single med for IBS that there is, plus some others as well, and I was almost house-bound.
As far as money being wasted, I don't think that anything you do to help yourself is a waste; so many people have spent tons of money on therapies that didn't help; this is one that has a better track record than the meds.

There are other success story links on here that Shawn has posted as well.

Hope this helps you a bit, take care.

~ Marilyn

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

shawneric

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Oregon
      #9902 - 05/25/03 12:09 PM

Angel, with anything in treating IBS you pay your money and take your chances, however statistically Hypnotherpay has one of the highest, if not the highest success rates in IBS, so there is a good chance it will work for you and will not hurt you in anyway, because its a safe natural treatment. The reason why it works has a lot to do with the brain gut connection.

It might be worth reading these links for the info, before you decide anything.

No one can tell you it will work for sure, but there is a good chance of it working and changing your IBS and hence your life. reading these will help.

" The experience to date may be outlined as follows:

* Reported success rates range from approximately 70-95% in all studies with any significant number of patients [for example, in the work of the Manchester group in England(4,5,13) and our studies(6,7)].
* The improvement enjoyed from this treatment often lasts at least two years after the end of treatment(5).
* All major IBS symptoms improve from this kind of treatment (abdominal pain, diarrhea/constipation, and bloating).
* There are some indications that individuals with certain characteristics are somewhat less likely to benefit from this kind of treatment(5,7,13): People with very little hypnotizability (perhaps 15-25 % of all people), persons with psychiatric disorders, and maybe (according to one report) males with diarrhea-predominant type of IBS.
* This treatment can be effective also when people are treated in groups(14).
* In addition to effects on physical symptoms, the treatment commonly improves psychological well-being and life functioning substantially(6,7,13,15) and can have long-term positive effects in reducing disability and health care costs and improving the quality of life of IBS patients(15)."

http://www.aboutibs.org/Publications/HypnosisPalsson.html

http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/hypnosis.htm

http://www.ibshypnosis.com/IBSresearch.html

http://www.aboutibs.org/Publications/hypnosis.html

http://www.ibshypnosis.com/

Hope this helps, in the thirty + years I have had severe IBS, it has done more for me then anything on all my symptoms and long term and not just for me but many many others.

I took so many meds and otc for my IBS over the years that was a problem in itself and none of them did anything really.

If you have questions ask away and we will try to help.It may seem weird, but its documented and well accepted now as a treatment for IBS. Hope this helps.

--------------------
My website on IBS is www.ibshealth.com

till

#9915 - 05/25/03 05:08 PM

Thanks for the info. I don't know if I can buy the tapes.

till

#9916 - 05/25/03 05:10 PM

Thanks,I already have Heather's book.

Spinoza

Reged: 05/26/03
      #10005 - 05/26/03 05:42 PM

DOES THIS REALLY HELP WITH IBS-C? I have no D, just C, bloating and gas. And I've never ever had pain. Are there tapes for someone like me?

Marilyn

Reged: 05/02/03
      #10033 - 05/26/03 10:02 PM

Yes, Spinoza. The IBS Audio Program 100 helps with all (20 or more) symptoms of IBS including Constipation, as well as alternating D & C, bloating, gas, pain, cramps, etc. and in every combination. It also helps with the stress and anxiety that goes along with having IBS. Check out Mike's website for more info! Take care.

--------------------
My Journey and Success with the IBS Audio Program Hypnotherapy Program: www.helpforibs.com/messageboards/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hypnotherapy&Number=224850

Andie

Reged: 01/29/03
Loc: Western NY
      #10087 - 05/27/03 05:58 PM

Angel - I just replied to a post of yours on the other board and wanted to reply to this too. I agree that it seems hard to believe that HT can help. I read skeptically about it for over a year on another IBS messageboard. Two months ago I decided to give them a try. To my genuine surprise, they have been helpful! I do not have severe IBS if I am careful about what I eat. But I now have way fewer bad days, shorter bad bouts when I do get them, and can eat a few more foods than I used to (still not EVER dairy, caffeine, or really high fat foods). And I am only half way through. They are expensive, I grant you that. My husband is VERY skeptical so he really choked on the expense (they dropped in price considerably the week after I ordered mine ) but I am glad I got them. I am hoping for even better results as I complete the program and beyond, but I am so glad for the relief I feel so far. I know this doesn't provide you with any guarantees, but as one formerly skeptical listener to the Audio 100 program, I wanted to share my experience with you. As I said in my other post to you, counseling to address other life issues would be a good idea as well. Good luck!
Andie

shawneric

#10134 - 05/28/03 10:18 AM

Andie, glad to hear your doing well that's great, it is hard to believe but it really works for most people effectively.

Keep us updated if you could.

--------------------

shawneric

#10135 - 05/28/03 10:20 AM

Spinoza, I am wondering since you don't have pain about IBS, that is needed for a diagnoses of IBS, did your doctor tell you IBS even though you have no pain?

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5234

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design