All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Going to start Special K cereal diet
      #264172 - 05/18/06 02:02 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

You eat their cereal for breakfast and lunch and you're "supposed" to lose some weight. Hmmm, we'll see....

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Going to start Special K cereal diet new
      #264197 - 05/18/06 03:25 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

hhmmm..my thoughts on this one...

IBS means I need my tummy full. If not it gets sore and crampy and bloaty. No snacking means no fully tummy means bloating means yuck.

Also where's the vitamins like C, A etc in Special K, not enough of those kind of nutrients I think.

Don't do it! We love you just the way you are

--------------------
S.

I agree with sinead.... new
      #264238 - 05/18/06 06:01 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

If you REALLY wana do it then thats up to you....but I would definately say dont...cos number one like sinead said it isnt exactly the best option for ibs but maybe you're different...and number two...I KNOW tons of people who have done it and Im not kidding...by the end of the week they never wana see special k again...granted a lot of them lost a little weight...hardly anything significant though and most put it back on almost immediately. I think with fads like that it is inevitable that when you go back to eating normally your body becomes very confused. I would recommend against it having known people who've tried it. Eating balanced and regular exercise I think is the only way...it can be annoying cos results dont always come quickly....but if you stick at it you'll get there in the end....oh and 'portion control'...now thats a phrase I need to add to my vocabulary....

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Going to start Special K cereal diet new
      #264242 - 05/18/06 06:15 PM
Sara-Sage

Thanks Sinead. I think I'd like myself better less 10 lbs. I hate seeing pics of myself.

I will snack on fruit (bananas). I also bought their cereal bars to eat for snacks as suggested on their cereal box.

Re: I agree with sinead.... new
      #264243 - 05/18/06 06:18 PM
Sara-Sage

Yes maybe it is stupid. If you've had friends that have done it without much success that makes me reconsider. I bought the Special K so I'll just do it for a week and see what happens, if anything.

Not really sure if this means anything... new
      #264266 - 05/18/06 09:17 PM
epa_ginger

Reged: 02/23/05
Loc: Chicago, IL

but my brother's girlfriend has been on the Special K diet for a few weeks, and HAS lost weight. She has also been exercising but not excessively. I think she has cereal for breakfast and dinner, and eats a regular lunch. She also has scheduled snacks: fruit, cereal bars, etc. She seems to be doing fine on it. She doesn't intend to do it forever.

--------------------

Re: Not really sure if this means anything... new
      #264311 - 05/19/06 07:48 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

well, it makes sense to me that you'd lose weight doing that - the calories must be pretty low. i just know i wouldn't fine it *satisfying* - and i wonder about how it works keeping the weight off once you're done with it.

on the other hand, special k red berries is damn tasty. so have fun!

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#264322 - 05/19/06 08:23 AM
Sara-Sage

Yes, that's encouraging!!!

The diet says you'll lose weight in 2 weeks. That's perfect as the wedding is just over 2 weeks away. I'll probably just do the diet until the wedding anyhow.

#264323 - 05/19/06 08:24 AM
Sara-Sage

I bought the berry kind too!

We'll see if it works. It's definitely only a short time frame solution though. Just to slim down more for the wedding and honeymoon.

Oh well if its for the wedding.... new
      #264353 - 05/19/06 11:18 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

then what the heck...I hadnt realised thats what you were doing it for...and was warning you off for long term benefits.....but if its the wedding then understand and Id say its worth a go...I know quick fixes arent good long term and all that but this is ur big day so I know you probably want to do all you can to make urself feel FABULOUS on the day....though I KNOW tommy will think you look AMAZING regardless Let us know how you get on....if you follow it exactly then I think you're guarenteed to drop a bit of weight...probably mostly water weight in only 2 weeks but thats enough to make you feel a little deflated I always find. Ooooohhh Im so excited about your wedding you know...I will be there in spirit...I think its such an AMAZING story of how you and Tommy met here....I've followed the relationship from the start from way before when you were in that miserable relationship.....SO GREAT that you got ur PRINCE in the end.......all hail PRINCE TOMMY.........Im soooooooooooooooo HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

--------------------
Natalie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 89 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 16165

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review