All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Exercise report for the last few days & trauma of weighing in
      #258586 - 04/18/06 02:23 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Last time I (or anyone else!) posted an exercise report was before the weekend. I have been B.A.D. due to being away in Donegal and Derry for the weekend (will post pics later) but here goes

Friday: gym- running 12 mins, bike 15 mins, cross trainer 5 mins (plus 2 min cooldown), abs exercises; walk/stroll 25 mins

Saturday: zip (plus I drank a lot of wine and went out for a meal and had dessert)

Sunday: 4km hike in Glenveagh National Park plus chocolate egg (and a mini one too) and wine and dinner out -at least I chose boiled rice!

Monday: walked around Derry city for about 20 mins on the city walls, 30mins stroll with P in the evening (plus chocolate eggs )
Today (so far): walked to work, 35 mins (because I missed the bus)

and as for the trauma... I have put on every pound that I ever lost and am back to my January weight. I know that I have been bad, especially with wine, and that much of it is water retention but it doesn't really make me feel any better. My goal has not changed which means that I now want to lose 7lbs by 21st May. I can easily enough the first four off but haven't been able to shed the last four at all. Encouragement needed. (saw my rear view in jeans in a fitting room window yesterday and had icecream to console myself and to get over the shock of how tight my jeans are and realising that I have been wearing them that way in public.)

I MUST CONCENTRATE here. I really want to feel good about myself again.

--------------------
S.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh sinead....... new
      #258589 - 04/18/06 03:21 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Don't worry....I know how depressing it is when you put back all what you've worked hard to lose...losing weight is so hard and Im still not really losing...but with all the chocolate eggs its NOT surprising.....naughty sinead and naughty natalie!! But it is easter after all and like you said a lot of it is probably water retention so I wouldnt be too disheartened...Im sure if you're extra good from today then things will pick up again. I too saw the rear of myself in a mirror in primark the other day and felt the same. Me and my flatmate are starting on our no sugar ban again today....we're not gona be as strict as before(to avoid the blow out binge we had at the end of the last one) but we're continuing to eat only healthy meals and avoid sugar apart from the very rare and occassional treat. Im giving away my last 2 easter eggs(a flake and dairy milk one) to the boys next door....and I know you know how hard it is to give away chcocolate....my nan even gave my a hige tin of quality streets yesterday and I took them round to my other grandparents and have given them to them instead....so from today it is a fresh start again.

Well done on all your exercise so far though....you have excuses as to when you havent gone to the gym....and valid ones I think ......and you're walking loads too....I think you're doing great...keep going....Im behind you....I know you can do it....

PS. Please post those pics....would love to see them!

--------------------
Natalie

Re: Oh sinead....... new
      #258605 - 04/18/06 06:03 AM
cailin

Well I had 3/4 of a whole nut one, half of a thorntons one, 6 thorntons choccies, a mini mars egg and a mini smarties egg (creme egg sized) Between Friday, Saturday, Sunday and yesterday. I also had one of those slim whole nut bars this morning (I found it in my handbag at lunchtime) It has 265 calories, SOO not worth it. I also had tons of marshmallows on Friday. GLUTTON!

Wow, I feel a weight lifting off my chest for having confessed that!

LOL re Primark, my moment of truth was in New Look!

I have a small box of handmade chocs that my mother in law gave me for Easter and I need to find someone to give them too or I will devour them (and that other whole nut that is in my desk drawer now, having been transferred from my handbag)

Had a baked potato and salads for lunch and brought some fruit salad back to my desk to get over the sugar cravings )hope it works)

Going to the gym tonight definitely and may walk home too.

You are right that I usually have a good excuse for not exercising but usually it's a social event that involves me drinking wine, eating bad foods AND not going to the gym which is just pure bad.

So, here I am, yet again proclaiming myself to be back on track! This week I am really gonna be good, esp exercise wise. I must try on the dresses that I am intending wearing to that wedding on Saturday week to see what fits me!

Good luck with restarting your healthy eating plan, you did so well on it before Easter I'm sure you will get back on track right away. How much more weight are you hoping to lose? If I could get rid of this half stone of thighs and chins that I am carrying I would be so happy with myself, it's really getting me down. I know it's not much but the motivation is very very low for me at the moment.
Will post the pics from home this evening, have lovely ones of the scenery at Malin Head, the most northerly point of Ireland, haven't downloaded any to the computer yet so not really sure what else is there.

--------------------
S.

Re: Exercise report for the last few days & trauma of weighing in new
      #258637 - 04/18/06 07:14 AM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Sinead, you're hilarious! Loved that ice cream bit to console you about your butt. he he I'm sure it's not that bad though!

Ok here's your encouragement... YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!! JUST DO IT! Get out there and get back on the wagon!

I hate it that so many of us have weight on our minds. I wish it was easier to lose weight too. I still haven't lost ANY weight! I think I'm going to get a tape measure and measure myself soon. I can compare the new stats with the ones the trainer took 3 or 4 weeks ago.

#258646 - 04/18/06 07:44 AM
cailin

Thanks Tina
Good idea about the tape measure.

I need to stop GAINING weight too. I will weigh again on Sunday as I go away for a week on Monday..fingers crossed it's a presentable level, I am so cross at having gained. I also HATE being weight obsessed, I never used to be! AGH!

I really had better do some work today, its 3.45pm, only 1hr 15 mins left in my work day, really need to start producing! Will report on the gym later, so tired though, will really need to push myself to go. Early to bed for me too should help.

Tina- the painting was a good workout at the weekend- did you get any other gym/walks in?

--------------------
S.

#258654 - 04/18/06 08:05 AM
Sara-Sage

I find as I get older the weight is harder to lose. I was close to 100 lbs from my teenage years - mid 20's. As soon as I turned 25 I gained weight. Oh well, it gave me more curves so I can't complain too much.

Nope, I only did the painting this weekend. I went to the gym on Friday, and yesterday. The gym was closed on Sunday unfortunately, I would have gone.

#258663 - 04/18/06 08:13 AM
cailin

You did great, the painting is an excellent workout and you got to the gym yesterday,and I'll bet you kept your face out of icecream and chocolate type treats. Are you watching what you eat too or just exercising?

I gained TONS of weight at 17 in college (about 20lbs) then I lost it at 21 (well most of it) and kept around 145 which was OK for me. Then with the IBS I dropped to about 130 and at the moment I am 140, with my goal of 133-135. I really wanted to be 135 before my birthday, and I know that it is achievable, one pound per week for five weeks, I CAN DO IT! Watch me!

Just munched a bowl of yum fruit salad..who needs chocolate
More later...

--------------------
S.

#258668 - 04/18/06 08:25 AM
Sara-Sage

Thanks!!! You're so sweet.

I am watching what I eat. I belong to e-diets and try to eat low-fat food. But I have an ENORMOUS appetite so I think I tend to eat portions that are too large for me. I just can't help it!

Oh yes, you can totally reach your goal weight!!!!

Fruit salad is yummy! I am not big on sweets unless I am pms-ing.

Portions are my problem too.. and today's gym report new
      #258742 - 04/18/06 01:51 PM
cailin

I just pile up the rice! I think P and I eat enough dinner for four people. I've been using my IBS as an excuse to carb overload too! So, it's in both our interests that I stop.

Went to the gym after work:
15 mins bike (working hard)
12 treadmill running
1 treadmill warmdown
10 crosstrainer
1 crosstrainer warmdown
SO: 39 cardio (goal is 45 but my foot was cramping and I was exhausted, I had to really push myself to get that far!)
AND all my floor exercises

Happy with that.

--------------------
S.

Re: Portions are my problem too.. and today's gym report new
      #258776 - 04/18/06 05:31 PM
Sara-Sage

First of all, I'd be very happy with that workout too! Great job!

I did 30 mins of cardio today and that's it.

Ugh, I got someone at the gym to take my measurements and get this......they've almost all I-N-C-R-E-A-S-E-D! My waist was 29" and is now 33". My arms have gotten larger but it might be from muscle mass. I'm super discouraged!

I think my portions are so large partly because I usually make food with a recipe for 4 people. That leaves us with 2 helpings each of food. So I'm not used to being full with only one serving. I've got to stop that though!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 56 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8264

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review