All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 12/7/05
      #229854 - 12/07/05 08:54 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 12/7 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 12/7/05 new
      #230007 - 12/07/05 08:43 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

ugh. attack in the morning, went into work a few hours late. so a recovery day.

2 pieces white spelt bread

1/2 kaiser roll

1/2 kaiser roll
banana

quaker take heart oatmeal

squash w/ maple syrup & cinnamon

2 hardboiled egg whites
applesauce

3 light waffles w/ jam

ended up around 1400 calories.

i wish i had good sf stuff around - i'd love a sweet potato - but no buying more food for a while! sigh.

right after the squash, after a couple of bites, i got this weird sort of burning across my chest. it wasn't too bad, but it eventually settled into that burning gassy feeling - i think it's 'trapped gas.' i ought to do some looking into that. i'll sleep curled around a heating pad, so that should, i hope, help this 'pass.'

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Edited by jaime g (12/08/05 07:37 AM)

#230010 - 12/07/05 09:01 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I'm getting to the grieving stage for my lost smoking habit. I guess, I'll just "grieve" and let it be gone/past, a ghost.

Calorically, definitely not enough, but I didn't do much. Less than 750 according to my calculations.

Crispix

Steamed green beans/lots of mushrooms

Vegetable soup (pureed fennel, celery, zucchini in Imagine Asian Style Chicken broth) (Kind of one of those clean the fridge things that you hope doesn't kill you! I think, though, next time, I'll skip it and let the stuff rot & trash it. Actually, I'm just erasing those things from the list. It's a waste of Beano, lol!) I'm trying to break this "it is only proper" way of thinking re: veggies. It's really hard.

Spinach/lots of cremini mushrooms

Crispix

So, in review, food-wise, stuff like celery, fennel, zucchini is really a waste of Beano. I'll stick to mostly spinach & mushrooms as they are tried, tested and true with me.

Holy fussy!
Kate.

#230020 - 12/07/05 11:56 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

My tummy has been feeling pretty well today, despite a very stressful move from my home in Santa Cruz to my parents new house for Winter break. I feel like I did a lot of running around, and not a lot of sitting down and taking time to eat, which usually makes my symptoms flare up. We'll see how I feel tomorrow...

*cereal, banana, soymilk

*a few bites of mock chicken salad, baked corn chips

*luna bar

*fake chicken sandwich on sourdough with mustard, and a small baby greens side salad with lowfat dressing.

*a few almonds

I have been craving salt like crazy lately, so those chips really hit the spot, although they were the only thing that gave me a little bit of a reaction...

Hope you all had a wonderful day!

--------------------
Julia

Re: I was gonna say...... new
      #230034 - 12/08/05 06:39 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Jaime,
I had an attack last time I ate squash last week, too. I had reflux AND an attack!!!

So, maybe it's the squash that made you feel like that.

I had an attack at 2:30 this morning myself, so I feel your pain!! It literally ripped me out of my sleep!!! UGHHHHH!!!!!!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#230050 - 12/08/05 07:41 AM
jaime g

yeah, it's weird - i've had squash before with no trouble. this was the frozen pureed stuff - pure squash, usually fine with me. i had the trapped gas pains (and burping) the rest of the night (nothing crippling, but no fun), but woke up okay. i think, when i'm not so po', i'm gonna buy some of heather's fennel tea. i've loved the kind i've bought at whole foods, but i've never noticed it actually doing anything for gas.

thanks, michelle.

--------------------
jaime

#230060 - 12/08/05 08:19 AM
anlikerm

I go through the "trapped gas", "burpy" stuff just about every single night. Is that part of the whole stabilization process??? I feel worse at night than I do all day. And I can't take my sleepy meds because it gives me horrible reflux during the night and I wake up even sicker!!

Hope you stay stable, today! I am gonna bet on the squash....I used to be able to eat it just fine, too, but not anymore! Not after last week. I don't think I will do squash again for a LOOOOONG time!!!! LOL!!!

Anise Tea works better for me than Fennel. I keep trying the fennel but I don't feel relief like I do with Anise. Have you ever tried it??? It took me forever to find it and when I did, I bought a ton of it so I don't run out. I love anise tea.

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#230061 - 12/08/05 08:25 AM
jaime g

no, i haven't tried anise tea. did you get it at a health food store? what does it taste like, and do you have any brands to recommend?

--------------------
jaime

#230076 - 12/08/05 09:08 AM
anlikerm

It tastes like licorice. Kinda the same as fennel but stronger licorice taste. Most candy black licorice is flavored with anise.
I use Alvita (a Twinlab division). And I found it on Ebay, believe it or not. I looked for it on the web and all over Atlanta and couldn't find it. You can find ANYTHING on ebay.

Hope this helps!

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

#230077 - 12/08/05 09:15 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

1. Squash always gives me gas/reflux, so it's on my banned list. Most orange foods, do. Could it be because of the galactose content? I don't know. It just makes me, personally, vomit, so I no longer even entertain the thought of eating it. I really miss carrots, but holy kick-back.

2. I take my anti-anxiety pills and sleeping pills, if desired, but with a small high SF snack. I crush the pills, too. If I keep Pepto. by my designated sleeping area and Tums, I don't have a problem.

3. Michelle, I totally agree with you re: the Gas pills before bed. It really helps with anything coming back up my throat!

4. Food temperature, REALLY impacts me, I'm learning. It must be room temp. or COLDER.

Kate, IBS-D.

Edited by Wind (12/08/05 09:19 AM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11292

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review