All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 4/3/05
      #166535 - 04/03/05 07:51 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/3 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

lots of exercise today! new
      #166559 - 04/03/05 09:02 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

already did 15 minutes on the bike and all the hosue work to prep for the showing (almost- a few things will wait until the last minute) and I'm going for a long walk with a friend outside and then I'll be riding the bike again tonight too.. I'd ride it outside but I can't timing wise- the temps will be dropping before I have time to ride later...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/3/05 new
      #166644 - 04/03/05 05:11 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I had my brunch today so that sort of screwed up the diet.
B: 2 oatmeal and raisins
Brunch: couple bites of my 3 eggy things -all were unsafe from milk and yolks etc, 2 biscuits with jam (mini Pillsbury biscuits) fruit salad, 1 slice cardamom date cake YUM! and 2 lemon bars.
late snack: banana and 3 more biscuits with jam
late dinner: roast chicken and asparagus with tahini sauce and 2 pieces bagette
1 sort of UFO drink- some of the ginger syrup leftover from the fruit salad with club soda.
I was bloated with sharp pain 1 hour after the brunch but it went away. The rest of the day I was fine, although exhausted.
Exercise: didn't do any! UGH. I feel bad about that. It was gorgeous today and yesterday but I was stuck in the house cleaning and cooking. And my weight is the same!
Liquid: I think I have been just a little too low for a few days and now have leg cramps.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#166646 - 04/03/05 05:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Think of it this way... all that cleaning is definitely exercise, so it's not like you did "nothing", you know? And I'm assuming the brunch went well?

I keep meaning to make that cardamom date cake. Yum.

#166647 - 04/03/05 05:24 PM
atomic rose

BMR (+ lifestyle) 1724 + housework 103 = 1827

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: oatmeal w/ banana (224)

AM Snacks: homemade bread, banana bread, canned pears (370)

Lunch: instant vegetable soup, chunk of homemade bread (223)

PM Snacks: tea biscuits, a few chocolate covered blueberries (132)

Dinner: southwestern meatloaf burger, herbed potatoes, half slice bread, UFO (492)

Dessert/Late Snacks: jello w/ cool whip (100)

Drinks: 4 big mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (80), 2 glasses water = 80oz, and will probably have more

Food & drinks total: 1653

Activity:
grocery shopping, laundry, making bed = 103

#166657 - 04/03/05 06:26 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Yes thanks. Everything was good. 3 people did not come and my flowers were a little blown but otherwise it was great. The date cake stood out along with this strata. I have a lot of homemade butter left over to avoid. I knew I shouldn't have it on spring ahead week but had to squeeze it in before my trip. I didn't know however how awesome the weather would be this weekend. I would have liked to plant peas, carrots, radish and sweet peas. I hate daylight savings time BTW. Well I better go to bed.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: lots of exercise today! new
      #166663 - 04/03/05 06:49 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

walked for almost 2 hours in the park with a friend- we walk fast... so it counts as hiking... plus the clean up for the open house...

Food Name Servings Serving Size Cals Fat Carb Prot
Cheerios 219 4 46 6
rice dream enriched 130 2 28 1
Sugar, NFS 16 0 4 0
Water 0 0 0 0
choco choco chip banana bread 574 14 111 9
adb- minis (48 mini muffins) 262 7 33 19
Bread, pita 160 0 34 6
Turkey or chicken breast, prepackaged or deli, luncheon meat 62 1 0 13
Barbecue sauce, low sodium 24 1 4 1
luna bar- nutz over choc 360 9 48 20
Rice, white, cooked, glutinous 169 0 37 4
Tuna, fresh, raw 91 1 0 20
Fish, NS as to type, raw 47 1 0 10
Pretzels, hard 191 2 40 5
Chocolate, sweet or dark 207 14 24 2
Totals 2511 54 409 114

exercise: Total: 2718
Basal: 1334 49%
Lifestyle: 786 29%
Activities: 598 22%

so total should have been 2718 and was 2511 - 200 calories short today and I can't eat another bite! I guestimated on some of the calorie counts- no wonder I'm having trouble maintianing my weight with all this!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/3/05 and Question about Bloating new
      #166707 - 04/03/05 08:48 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Well, today was an "interesting" day.

Had allot of responsibilities at church this morning, so I got up earlier to eat, so that I could be done with the diarrhea before service started.

7am: Banana Bread Oatmeal

1pm: (Way too long between, ack!--But, Sundays are like that) We went out to eat, choose a buffet-type place, so at least I had options.
White Rice with Bourbon Chicken (anyone know what's in that???)
Plain Baked Potato (just salt and pepper)
Spoonful of cubed turkey
A few gummi bears (from the ice cream topping bar, lol)

5pm: Luna Bar

7pm:
Sweet Potato w/ Cinnamon
Few more bites of chicken? Half a serving maybe? It had Ms. Dash Garlic and Herb marinade on it. Just read in Heather's Book to be careful about garlic . Any advice on that?
2 RTKs
Obligatory one bit of easter chocolate

9:30pm:
Soft Pretzel (the frozen kind, a bit of freezer burn, so not that good, but definitely safe)
Honey Mustard and salt
2 RKT

I think I did fairly well on calories today. I sure felt like I ate allot. I don't really know though, since so much of it was not prepared by me.

Oh, and I have a question about bloating. I'm just hugely bloated, almost increasingly so. In the past 3 or 4 days, my stomach has grown about 3 inches around, maybe more. I look suddenly "very" pregnant. (Enough to raise some well-meaning concern from close friends, who know that because of medical reasons, I simply cannot get pregnant.) But, at the same time, I'm still losing weight, or at least maintaining. Is bloating truly just gas, so it is separate from weight?? I'm confused. Is there anything to do or take, to help with it? I'm already drinking enough tea to float away in. Also, how much could drinking from a straw be a contributing factor?

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#166766 - 04/04/05 06:44 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

I didn't do so well Saturday and Sunday - off my routine. My cals weren't too high but I didn't eat very good stuff, waited too long between "meals" and felt bloated. Oh well, today is a new day!! AND I went and saw the CUTEST dogs yesterday and I might get one - must think long and seriously about it first, tho.

Sunday:
Breakfast - OJ w/fiber, large slice sourdough, UFO beverage (367)
Lunch - UFO Beverage, Bagel w/UFO (600)
Snack - apple, Ritz crackers (227)
Dinner - Chicken breast, baked sweet potato, strawberries, soy milk (408)
Dessert - Easter UFO - I have been good about not eating too many in one day, but that means there'sstill some left to tempt me!

Excercise - none, really.

Water - not enough.

Calories from food: 1739 - not bad.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/3/05 and Question about Bloating new
      #166793 - 04/04/05 08:02 AM
atomic rose

It's hard to say what was in the bourbon chicken - I just looked up a recipe, and it contained (basically) chicken, bourbon, butter, onion, spices, and heavy cream. But who's to say the restaurant makes it the same way? You'd basically have to contact them to find out for sure.

I've always been fine with garlic, so I don't have much advice on that one. I think the amount in the marinade would have been fine anyway. I can definitely see avoiding that famous chicken dish that has 40 cloves of garlic in it, heh.

I don't bloat, so I don't have much help there either. I can tell you, though, that straws are EVIL. You'll end up with so much more air in your system from one of those things, so if you've gotten gassy, that could be the culprit. But yes, bloating is a separate issue from weight altogether... IBS bloat usually is just gas.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 71 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12636

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review