All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/30/05
      #165146 - 03/29/05 10:05 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/30 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

back to 133.5 -nt new
      #165180 - 03/30/05 05:50 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/30/05 new
      #165187 - 03/30/05 06:15 AM
suarez

Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: ILLINOIS

Good Morning Shell,
I tried your turkey meatloaf and it was great and the family liked it. I was wondering instead of using catsup using tomato sauce because it is easier to calculate than the catsup. Once small can of tomato sauce is 4oz and you can even get the low sodium to help with that.
Just a thought but it was Great.

Debbie

#165492 - 03/30/05 05:17 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: 1/2 bowl oatmeal with raisins (cat threw up and I lost my appetite)- 250
B2: after exercise, banana and 2 pieces cinnamon toast-250
snacks: 2 bananas, luna, scone-500
D1: leftover spaghetti- 225
D2: peanutty noodles and baby carrots YUM! recipe- add chicken 300
dessert: little sorbet and 1 packet oatmeal 200
total 1725- yet I ate so much and so many high cal things. Take that low carbers!
water: ok, could be higher
exercise: did 12 miles biking in 50 min! and was out and about all day shopping and running around- hardly sat down! and carried heavy stuff and the whole thing. Boy am I tired! burned on bike 260

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Edited by Little Minnie (03/30/05 06:50 PM)

REPORTING IN - 3/30/05 new
      #165497 - 03/30/05 05:50 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

BMR (+ lifestyle) 1989 + exercise 187 = 2176

Pre-breakfast: 2 tea biscuits (32)
Breakfast: cream of wheat w/ banana (219) (look! something different! haha)

AM Snacks: chunk of bakery bread, crispix, apple jacks (410)

Lunch: veg chili, bulkie roll (244)

PM Snacks: UFO beverage, 4 tea biscuits, slice of bread (409)

Dinner: 2 ff hotdogs on rolls (300)

Dessert/Late Snacks: norwegian apple pan pie w/ cool whip (145)

Drinks: 4 big mugs teeccino w/ stevia & nondairy creamer (80), glass of water = 70oz

Food & drinks total: 1779

Activity:
walking for an hour 187

... plus... I got bitten by the spring cleaning bug this morning, and decided to clean & organize the basement, among other things. I'm not even going to try to calculate calories burned, I'm just going to say that it was enough activity to bump my BMR activity level higher. Although I still ate pretty much the same amount I always eat.

#165525 - 03/30/05 07:32 PM
leoandoreosmom

Reged: 10/14/04
Loc: Rockwall, Texas

Hi! Here we go again. It is after all "hump" day...downhill to the weekend!

B - UFO beverage with Dulce de Leche Luna Bar (got my shipment yesterday), SFS
S - Grapefruit
L - Chicken sandwich with 1/2 cup mustard potato salad (have to use it up
), SFS
S - Vanilla Goodee Bar
D - UFO Beverage, Lean cuisine Rosemary Chicken

Totals - Food = 1330
BMR - 2166 - 131 (Walking) = 2035 - 500 = 1535 . I am 205 calories under budget (probably make this up over the weekend though).

Have a great evening and see ya tomorrow!

Take care,
Karen

#165528 - 03/30/05 07:42 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05
Loc: USA

Pretty good day

6am:
Quaker Oat Square Cereal (half the bowl)

9pm:
The other half the bowl (not intentional...morning got crazy, that was the first chance I had to finish breakfast)

12noon:
Applesauce with cut up banana in it

3pm:
Pretzel Sticks
Soy Dream Vanilla Ice Cream Bar

6pm:
Made another batch of deviled eggs (I'm telling you, we still have *so* many hard boiled eggs left. Any other ideas as how to use them?) Didn't eat any of the eggs, but there was a good bit of filling in the bottom of the blender, so I ate that!
Stirred 2 Tbsp of Hummus with 2 Tbsp Guacamole and spread it on a tortilla and wrapped it up and ate it.
Then counted the pretzel sticks into zip-locks, and ate the broken ones (surprisingly few, actually).
5 Jelly Beans
1 piece of divided chocolate Easter Bunny

9pm:
2 ADB with Cool Whip Free

Total: Just over 1,000 calories.

I'm really working to stay over that thousand mark. I need to work in spreading out over the day though. Still ending up eating more than my tummy likes at dinner. Tonight was a bit better though, I managed to eat more slowly, that seemed to help.

This morning was rough, 11 episodes of D in 2 hours. Ugg, so hard to get stuff done. You can only polite "excuse yourself" from a situation so many times before it becoms quite awkward. But after that, the day went surprisingly well again.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

#165542 - 03/30/05 08:24 PM
Caliya

Reged: 03/24/05

Today I ate so much I felt like a balloon!
Breakfast: Rice Cereal w/ soymilk and a banana, plus some gummivites and a calcium supplement
Snack: Carrots, Tuna w/ english muffin, pretzels and an acidophilus pill (yum!)
Lunch: Fruit, Veggie Chicken soup and 1 slice marionberry pie
Dinner: Bread and a Boca Burger, some squash

--------------------
Caliya ;p

Darlin', I'm really concerned new
      #165560 - 03/30/05 09:12 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Has this past week been normal eating days for you? I read that you are having lots of episodes, but I worry so much for your poor body. 1000 calories is *not enough*. Have you tried eating lots of bread and rice and pasta? Those should be soothing to the tummy if you're not GF, and they have a good number of calories.

Does the hummus and avocado not bother your tummy? Hummus doesn't bother mine but avocado has a good bit of fat in it.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: Darlin', I'm really concerned new
      #165566 - 03/30/05 09:58 PM
AlyssaKaye

Reged: 03/21/05

Yeah, I'm worried about me too!
I don't even know what is "normal eating" anymore. Not even sure what "normal for me" is. I'm just trying to find a balance between terrible pain and D, and starving. I'm not sure there is one. I mean, there must be, I'm just missing it.

I was eating all bread and rice and cereal out the wazoo for quite a while--all of it white and plain and such. But I got worried about missing so many other nutrients. I have constant muscle spasms (from another disorder) is it's effectively like exercising all my waking hours--so it just seemed like an awfully bad idea to go without much protein. I also need a sizeable amount of sodium because I have very very low blood pressure (although that's not near as hard to coordinate). I read your reports and envy all the protein you get. Any suggestions?

I'm having a hard time knowing for sure what bothers my tummy, being as it's always bothered! It has definitely been better since I started the diet than before, but not particularly worse since I've started adding a broader range of 'safe' foods in. It just hasn't ever really been "good" yet. I really miss my fruits and veggies. I just have always loved veggies, and I miss that allot. Funny, I thought I'd miss cheese the most, and I was all eager to try soy cheeses and such to make up for it, but I honestly don't find myself craving cheese anymore. I don't even want it so much to watch people eat it. But spinach or artichoke or something....dang...I'm drooling. I've been keeping my fruits and veggies to the ones that seem to be the safest (applesauce, cut up or blended bananas, and one tenny bite of squash cut into misicule pieces each evening). I'm hoping to add some more back in, but I'm hesitant to, until I'd be able to tell better what my reaction is to that in particular.

I having a hard time eating enough, because I just feel bad with that feeling of "full". Of course, if my stomach growls even once, it's the bigging of a pain cycle, so I'm trying to avoid that too. Another hard thing to balance. Also, I'm really having a hard time with cold foods (or being cold when I eat). Not even like "ice cold" (although that's bad) but even "sat in a cool pantry or locker" type cool seems to make me want only a few bites. And somehow its seems like a bad plan to force anymore when I'm sure I don't want it.

I worry about my poor body. I have several other medical conditions, and I know that it has really taken a beating over the past few years especially. I'm young, but allot of the "old" complaints about aches and pains and joints already apply. I'm trying do to the best I can though...I sure would appreciate any words of widsom you could offer.

--------------------
~~~Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.~~~

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 43 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 11225

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review