All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 3/15/05
      #160616 - 03/14/05 10:21 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/15 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Ok... beat me if I don't report in.. new
      #160641 - 03/15/05 04:33 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I've been comfort-eating (tons of food, and not necessarily safe/good stuff either) like crazy because of all the stress we've been under... and I actually gained 3lbs in less than a week. I'm absolutely horrified. So I'm back to being a good girl and I'll be reporting in again starting tonight.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 so much for no coffee... new
      #160654 - 03/15/05 06:34 AM
Sparky

Reged: 01/06/04
Loc: MI

Well, I broke down already and it is not even 10AM. I was feeling the effects of going cold turkey so I got myself a (smaller) cup. Maybe I will do this gradually . . .

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~
STEF
~~~~~~~~~~

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 new
      #160661 - 03/15/05 06:54 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

I've not been around because my Granny died, so I had to come up to my parents' place last week.....as you can imagine things are a bit hectic, and my routine is a bit disrupted. I haven't been doing my normal exercise, but I have been doing NYCB exercises daily, and a lot of walking and housework/heavy lifting.

I am experimenting with not being vegan/vegetarian- I think my stomach problems are actually caused by too much fibre/veggies, which is a real shame as I love veggies above all other foods. Over the past few days I've eaten some cheese and butter in things, and my stomach has actually been totally fine, with no cramps, noise or bloatiness. I only plan to eat cheese in small portions, but a small portion of cheese is equivalent to a bigger portion of veggies...so I get the same nutrition without the problems.

Today:
Foodies:
*2 slices white French country loaf with marmalade, honey & sugar-free black cherry jam (not all at once; I split them up into bits, heh)
*2 homemade oat cakes
*garlic & coriander pitta with hummus & olive tapenade in one half and goats cheese and green salad in the other
*apple
*crumpet
*gnocchi with tomato, spinach, olive and mascarpone sauce
*strawberries

Exercise:
*walked 4 miles
*45 minutes NYCB workout
I want to go running, but not sure it's feasible to fit in with my parents.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

total PMS new
      #160795 - 03/15/05 02:30 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok my friend said she never had PMS until 31, which is what I am. So I am scared! Ugh. It doesn't seem as bad as last month but certainly more than normal.
Work day today so I ate the same as always.
oatmeal and raisins
luna bar
3 bananas
1 serv pretzels
2 serv licorice
PB&J

Now I need ADB's! and am going to make some. I wish I still had cocoa pebbles left but hub ate them all.
Dinner tonight: chicken fajitas
Water: 60 oz so far. Had leg cramps this morning. yesterday was 1 glass short.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

my report new
      #160820 - 03/15/05 03:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Jane C- sorry to hear about your Gran
Tamara- Hope the PMS is abating.

Here's my report:

Breakfast: porridge made on water with honey and cinnamon

Lunch: tuna sandwich (toasted) with sweetcorn, mayo, lettuced and tomato

Dinner pasta with prawns and Dolmio Express Sun Ripened Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and frozen mixed veg
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- leftover oatmeal from this morning with some chocolate sauce

Water: 90 oz

Total Calories: 1229 (BMR: 2320)

Activities Not a lot, I cleaned the kitchen and spent quite a bit of time typing on the computer but stayed in bed til 11 and went back for a nap from 3.30-6.30 (I'm sick OK?) Does watching Desperate Housewives count??

I am getting better health wise so I am sure the calories will go up and up from here on, but at least I will have the energy to do some exercise to burn them off.

--------------------
S.

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/15/05 new
      #160828 - 03/15/05 04:07 PM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Well. bear in mind am not trying to lose weight,
B'fast: 4 slices toast with Promite
morn tea: cup of tea
Lunch: two toasted (dry)tuna and cheese (low fat) sandwiches
apres' gym: low fat milk smoothie with banana, frozen mixed berries, teaspoon rice protein powder, and half teaspoon fibre
Tea: Chicken and mushroom risotto
...oh and plenty water throughout the day....

Went to the gym, it was chest shoulders night, but woe is me have struck a bit of a plateau with the bench pressing. I weigh 73kg (160 pounds for you northern types) and am stuck at 90kg (198 pds) on the bench press. Am going to have to throw some different exercises into the workout to shock the system out of malaise me thinks! Am determined to crack 100kg this year!
This is a fun forum!
Ralph

I'm with ya Casey.... new
      #160839 - 03/15/05 04:33 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I got a cold...so I din't exrcise. Now we plan to move across country again so I am an emotional wreck (plus we're trying to find a place so we can keep our dog). Hubby has to find a new job...you know the drill.

STILL NO SUGAR (lost track of days)...but eating way too much food. Time to start reporting in!

Afternoon snack: Leftver roasted veggies...less than .5 cup.

I'll check in with more latrer.

I'd better here from you later Miss Casey! (And you'd better here from me too!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

my report.. I promise to be more faithful to reporting.. new
      #160866 - 03/15/05 05:46 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

walked a ton at work.. and have a major headache- had it for 3 days... I know what caused it.. dang sister in law insisting I eat what she was making and it was safe even though I brought safe food.. 4 bites and I had a migriane and a tummy ache! and her kids made it worse!

Anyway- no exercise really again today- I'm going to go to bed early again too as soon as I'm done reporting and lay there with the heating pad...

food:

cheerios and rice milk w/ acacia
leftover banana bread
leftover chicken and some leftover bean thread noodles
luna bar
last of chicken and noodles
leftover fries for dinner
(I had chiropractor and DH asked what I wanted, when I didn't answer he made something I can't eat and figured I'd eat leftovers not realizing I had already eaten the rest.. it was that or a turkey sandwich I didn't feel like)
2 adb muffins with acacia baked in

now off to bed. see you all tomorrow.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Re: my report new
      #160868 - 03/15/05 05:49 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Quote:

Jane C- sorry to hear about your Gran
Tamara- Hope the PMS is abating.
It is. Thanks!

Here's my report:

Breakfast: porridge made on water with honey and cinnamon

Lunch: tuna sandwich (toasted) with sweetcorn, mayo, lettuced and tomato

Dinner pasta with prawns and Dolmio Express Sun Ripened Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce and frozen mixed veg
Dessert- babyfood fruit compote
Snack- leftover oatmeal from this morning with some chocolate sauce DH and I were laughing about your snack. Sorry.

Water: 90 oz

Total Calories: 1229 (BMR: 2320)

Activities Not a lot, I cleaned the kitchen and spent quite a bit of time typing on the computer but stayed in bed til 11 and went back for a nap from 3.30-6.30 (I'm sick OK?) Does watching Desperate Housewives count??
feel better soon.
I am getting better health wise so I am sure the calories will go up and up from here on, but at least I will have the energy to do some exercise to burn them off.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 88 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23696

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review