All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Anyone tried this product? "Prelief"
      #63536 - 04/21/04 03:36 PM
rosey

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: Roseville, CA

I'm beginning to think I have a combination of IBS and IC (Interstitial Cystitis). I've been web crawling and found many references to the product "Prelief". It's apparently effective for both these conditions...

Here's their web site. I'm wondering if anyone has tried this product? A search here turned up "sorry, no hits"

Prelief_faq

Rosey

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Sorry Rosey - never head of it. -nt new
      #63547 - 04/21/04 05:16 PM
Ana Maria

Reged: 03/24/04

Re: Anyone tried this product? "Prelief" new
      #64200 - 04/23/04 09:30 AM
adobemoes

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Connecticut

Rosey:
I had never heard of it until you mentioned it, but the web site looks interesting- especially since the same people make Lactaid and Beano.
If you try it, please keep us posted on how it goes!
KAL

#64245 - 04/23/04 11:59 AM
rosey

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: Roseville, CA

I just started using Prelief yesterday. I think now that my major problem is IC given how my bladder caught on fire and I was in very specific pain for 2 days.. Today I actually went 2 hours before visiting the ladies room (hurray!) and the pain is much less. I've been eating a very very bland diet (no banana, strawberry, soy milk smoothies..) and am learning that foods ok for IBS are not always ok for IC, but they do overlap a lot. I'll keep using the Prelief and let you know in about a week how it works. I've just taken 3 and eaten a bowl of veggie soup which has tomatoes cooked in it (a trigger for IC) so fingers crossed!

Rosey

This is a good product... new
      #64258 - 04/23/04 12:14 PM
HeatherAdministrator

Reged: 12/09/02
Loc: Seattle, WA

they actually have preliminary studies on how it can help IBS, but I've been waiting for those to be published and it's taking a looooooong time. The stuff is great for reflux and heartburn, though, and lots of folks with IBS have the upper GI problems as well.

You might do a search for reflux or heartburn, and see what you find on the boards for general suggestions. Might also ask on the recipe board for specific ideas that use foods safe for both problems.

Best,
Heather

--------------------
Heather is the Administrator of the IBS Message Boards. She is the author of Eating for IBS and The First Year: IBS, and the CEO of Heather's Tummy Care. Join her IBS Newsletter. Meet Heather on Facebook!

#64396 - 04/23/04 10:13 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

rosey the prelief does work a little bit for me. but it sometimes causes to much c. but when it wears off im on the pott to much it seems like. so i would have to say it can work sometmes. good luck trying this prelief. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#158231 - 03/08/05 09:48 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

My doctor recommended that I try this. How did it work for you? Regards Anne

#163236 - 03/23/05 05:54 AM
AnneV

Reged: 06/10/04

I have been using Prelief for about 2.5 weeks. I take 2 tablets with each meal. I must say I did get some relief - but it did not work all that great for me to continue using the product. There were no side effects. But - it is worth a shot to see if it would work for you as everyone is different. Anne

#172851 - 04/22/05 10:23 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

it seems to help a little bit. i wonder if it causes any blockage if taken to many and then can cause dirrea. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8806

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review