All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)
Thanks...Question Vicam new
      #49811 - 03/11/04 05:33 PM
Jules3

Reged: 03/10/04

I'm going to Whole food to get Eater's Digest tea tonight...Have you tried their Smooth Move tea? Saw it on their sit...Although I have to say I already feel like trying conquer this I am ALWAYS putting something in my mouth...whether it be Peppermint tea, a glass of water with FiberCon, or a glass of Citrucel. Oy!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: birth control pills new
      #49814 - 03/11/04 05:57 PM
tuxedocat

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Ithaca, NY

I'm with you Kree. I have no idea what we're supposed to do! Now that I think about it, I didn't have IBS until I went on the pill. But it stops my migraines and totally ended my battle with tension headaches. How are we supposed to decide which is worse? Aaarrrgggh!!

--------------------
--Julie

Re: birth control pills new
      #49828 - 03/11/04 07:50 PM
StephS

Reged: 09/11/03

Yeah, I find that I have done better when I'm not on the pill too. I just don't want to stop the pill because...1 I'm not ready for another baby right now (maybe next year) and 2 it is so nice to have your period the same time every month and mine only lasts 4 days. Very light! My period was long and heavy before the pill. Catch 22!!! What to do!!!

--------------------

Birth Control Patch new
      #49832 - 03/11/04 07:56 PM
Kimm

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey guys!! I'm also on the pill and have been for about 7 years now. I have not noticed any bad side effects from it regarding my IBS but maybe I just never picked up on it cuz I've been on it for so long.
I do know that there is now a birth control patch that you put on hidden areas on your body and you change it once a week. It works the same as the pill only you don't have to remember to swallow a pill every day. It's made by tricyclen. I'm not sure if it would have the same effect as a pill but I figure it might be better cuz it's not something you're actually gonna have to digest.
Just thought I'd mention it!!

didn't help me new
      #49835 - 03/11/04 08:00 PM
rlan

Reged: 06/05/03

I thought that if i went off the pill it would help and in the beg. I thought it did but then once my body adjusted no diff. unfor.! This seems to be teh case with everything thought. I think like everything else (and as much as it pains me to say it) it's individual!! But I agree it's def. catch 22!

Wow, never thought about the BC connection new
      #49848 - 03/11/04 08:25 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

This is an interesting discussion...I too started experiencing the worse of my IBS symptoms after going on the pill. I wonder if the hormones have some affect on things. I read somewhere that women on birth control pills are more likely to get gall bladder problems...maybe that's something? But, I, like many other people on this board, need to be on the pill because it helps with other problems...so what a yucky choice!

Re: Thanks...Question Vicam new
      #49850 - 03/11/04 08:28 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hi Jules,
No, I've never tried the smooth move, I'm not sure I've ever seen that one on the shelves in Canada. I tend to stay away from any of the teas that are meant to relieve constipation, just because I find they almost always give me the runs! But I really like the Eater's Digest because not only does it help, it's one of the few teas that I find I actually truly enjoy drinking because it tastes so good. I find adding a bit of honey really helps too. GOod luck!
And by the way, I totally understand what you were saying about feeling like you're always drinking something...me too! It's crazy, I feel like I'm always either swallowing pills or trying to get some drink down, it never ends!

Re: Birth Control Patch new
      #49859 - 03/11/04 08:56 PM
MKE32

Reged: 03/11/04
Loc: Alberta, Canada

Hello, everyone, this is very interesting, just stumbled onto this site . . .

I have been struggling with IBS for about 8 years, and am intrigued with this birth control discussion. I have been using the pill for about 12 years, and just 3 weeks ago switched to the patch. I will keep an eye on whether or not my symptoms change, as I made the switch due to my wildly changing daily routines, and was becoming concerned about remembering to take my pill everyday. I'll keep you posted!

I am also interested in the dairy discussion. Just last nite I tried a bit of Soygurt. I thought it would be a nice alternative to yogurt, as that makes me very ill. Just three bites I had, and was in the washroom first thing this a.m. Anyone else seem to have "issues" with the "good" bacterial cultures?

--------------------
Every cloud has a silver lining!

Smooth Moove, senna BAD? new
      #49870 - 03/12/04 01:32 AM
Jules3

Oops...started searching uder the ingredients in the Smooth Moove while drinking my first cup and saw that Senna is a no no according to Heather. Throwing the other half away...I don't need my bowels getting addicted to it as she says, so that I can't go on my own. Already have that problem!

birth control options new
      #49896 - 03/12/04 06:17 AM
Bethany

Reged: 02/27/04
Loc: Nashville, TN

I'm glad this whole birth control topic is being discussed. Ever since I started having symptoms I wondered if it was due to birth control. I have an identical twin sister, and she has not had to go on birth control. And, guess what...she doesn't seem to have any of the problems I do. Hmmm.

Does anyone know if the "Patch" is not as strong as Orthotri.? I have been on this BC for about 4-5 years now. I just recently switched to the generic brand, Trinessa. If anything I have felt worse. I would like to try going off them but hubby and I just aren't ready for a baby yet. Although, after being on BC for so long, it would probably take a while for my system to go back to normal.

Ok - keep me updated!!!

--------------------
"Love isn't love, until you give it away!"

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2587 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9235

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review