All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Foods/supplements that work for me... (IBS-C) new
      #44261 - 02/11/04 07:11 AM
bauie25

Reged: 11/23/03
Loc: Iowa

Hey all... I know in the past people have been so kind to list foods that have worked for them. Through a long trial and error process, I have a list of a few (and they've already probably been mentioned...) so I thought I'd share

Quaker Oatmeal (I mix one 1/2 cup of the original quick oats with one packet of an off-brand maple & brown sugar, and only use 1/2 cup of the mixture in a bowl w/ water-- and I sprinkle cinnaomon on top after it's nuked.

Thomas english muffins (I know a lot of individuals said english muffins worked for them-- this is the only kind that works for me... they are SUPER good, and don't have a grainy texture)

Quaker Oatmeal Squares (brown sugar) w/ 8th Continent Light Soymilk (and of course, sprinkled with cinnamon before I pour the s-milk on)

Nesco brand conversation hearts (haven't hurt me yet!!!)

Home-made Lemonade - take one glass of water, a ripe real lemon - squeeze the juice in the water until it's the strength you desire - mmmm... who would've thought it was actually better than the mixes?

Fresh italian or french bread (baked daily) from a local grocer (it's really inexpensive, $1.09) and doesn't seem to affect me?

Tropical Orange Trim Advantage (from Nutrilite brand)-- there were a few ingredients I questioned, but it tastes phenomenal and the ingredients list includes acacia . It pumps over 6 grams of dietary fiber. There are no artifical colors or preservatives. It kicks Metamucil and Citricil in the butt!! There are 110 calories, no fat, 18 amino acids, 15 grams of protein. And I don't know what this part means (from the box), but it says it has a "protein digestibility corrected amino acid score of 1". Interesting... anyway- it's good stuff and makes great slushes!

As for vitamins and supplements, I have found intestiflora (by Nutrilite brand) that seems to be doing something (as I have been feeling better than usual-- been using it for a little over a week... I know it takes time for your body to incorporate new stuff in, but I swear I've been feeling better) as well as Daily free (by Nutrilite brand) which is a multivitamin free of yeast, sugar, iron, and alfalfa (and considered Kosher)

I hope I don't sound like a product PLUG person... I just figure when I find things that are working for me, it's my duty to let everyone else know Anyways... I know I'm forgetting some, but my brain is telling me to stop for now.

Hope you all have a wonderful, painfree day... as always, you are all in my thoughts and prayers

luvins,
*me*

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Foods/supplements that work for me... (IBS-C) new
      #44269 - 02/11/04 08:27 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Thanks for the ideas, Sarah! I'm also a big fan of Thomas's english muffins (definitely has to be Thomas's!) and Quaker Oatmeal Squares. And I've never heard of that Tropical Orange Trim Advantage, but it sounds like something worth looking into!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#44370 - 02/11/04 02:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Sarah,

First off, congrats on finding so many safe foods that work for you!!! Second, thanks for sharing!

That quote you wrote is PHENOMENAL! Are you a writer by profession/at heart? I'm addig that one to my list of quotes!

Luvins back at ya!

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Foods/supplements that work for me... (IBS-C)
      #44406 - 02/11/04 05:37 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Thanks for the list! I'm going to repost this for you in the Safe Brand Foods List and Names. That way when we finally get an official list worked up, we can find all the info in the same spot.

Thanks again!

#44475 - 02/12/04 12:18 AM
bauie25

Ruchie--

I really do enjoy writing... just always came naturally-- not that I am a genius (I like to think so... lol). Quotes are great, aren't they!?! And they are one of the best ways to start a paper when you're mind is blank.

--------------------
"If the sun isn't shining on your path... maybe you're not on the right one" --Me

#44476 - 02/12/04 12:20 AM
bauie25

Way to be on the ball... you are such a kind person--> Helping Heather keep this site organized!!! Thanks for moving my info!!

--------------------

#44477 - 02/12/04 12:21 AM
bauie25

Honestly, the Tropical Orange "fiber drink" (what I call it) is soooooo yummy... one of my favorite summer drinks (even before IBS!!). On another note, it's 2:20AM and I have to get up at 6:45AM... eek! Night!

--------------------

#44485 - 02/12/04 03:37 AM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

Sarah, that is an awesome quote! I am a writer too, or pretend to be, lol. I write mostly poetry, my own style really. I write a little bit of prose too. Lately, i haven't written too much. *sigh*

Anyway, that list sounds great. Even before i remember having IBS attacks, i loved thomas english muffins. I wonder if nutralite exists in canada. So far, canada sucks lol, especially for an american who has known nothing but the united states for the past 24 1/2 years. Thanks for sharing the list. I'm mostly C too, so it might work for me also. Take care!

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

)for Sommer: Canada sucks new
      #44527 - 02/12/04 07:54 AM
suzyq

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: Northern Ont. Canada

Sommer your really make me sad today in saying "Canada Sucks". maybe if you can ask around or shop around you will find more info. in your city! Here in Ontario CANADA I can find lots of stuff even at low prices. Hope you will become a happier Canadian once you start to feel better!! p.s. I don't really get upset about too much as it really gets my IBS going but I just had to say something today!! Sue

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 492 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1823

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review