All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
cbd oil extract for spasms/pain
      #372666 - 01/15/16 06:36 PM
sgcray

Reged: 01/22/14
Loc: AZ, USA

My colon hasn't been this calm in 15 yrs. Up to 10mg 2x/day (20). with a cbd oil. Always buy with less than.3% thc on a manufacturer's website, especially if you don't have a medical marijuana card.

Edited by sgcray (02/17/16 02:12 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: cbd oil for spasms/pain new
      #372667 - 01/17/16 10:26 AM
Candy07

Reged: 08/13/13

This is GREAT news sgcray!! SO happy for you!!

--------------------
Originally diagnosed with IBS-C in Spring, 2008. During spring to fall of 2008, had at least 10 acupuncture treatments and Chinese herbs. IBS went into remission. IBS returned in late July 2013 after taking 2 oral contrasts for a CT scan for cancer follow up. Had more acupuncture with different practitioner in summer 2014, but received little benefit.

#372668 - 01/17/16 03:29 PM
oatcake

Reged: 09/02/15
Loc: London

hi sgcray,
i've been thinking about trying cbd oil for a while now, but not sure which one to buy!
is it sativa or indica?
what strength and how much do you take?
also does the oil (fat?) not upset your tummy?
i'm looking at this website (UK) http://www.lovecbd.org/cbd-oil-store-2/
wishing you all the best xxx

--------------------
oatcakes don't actually agree with me?!

#372669 - 01/19/16 02:28 PM
sgcray

Quote:

hi sgcray,
i've been thinking about trying cbd oil for a while now, but not sure which one to buy!
is it sativa or indica?
what strength and how much do you take?
also does the oil (fat?) not upset your tummy?
i'm looking at this website (UK) http://www.lovecbd.org/cbd-oil-store-2/
wishing you all the best xxx

Hi oatcake! (cute name),
Extracted CBD oil is from hemp, so not sativa or indica like in marijuana cannabis;Although there are some marijuana extracts too out there like Charlotte's Web (expensive and hard to find because of popularity with Epilepsy). If Europe is big in the hemp industry they should have hemp cbd oil on line, hopefully. Mayo clinic's website said about 20mg/day for most (milder) digestion problems, start low and work up, needing only as much as it takes, or gets expensive. Crohns requires at least 60mgs/day. Mine is around 19% cbd, the higher the total millegrams of cannabidiol content in the bottle from 100-1000mg, the more concentrated/less drops you have to take and is like getting in bulk, so cheaper.

The ingredients in the hemp cbd oil say glycerine, hemp extract and natural flavoring. Glycerine is kind of an oil, but no doesn't bother me;Though CBD does calm tissues anyway. Get organic and make sure the website shows lab name and results showing less than .3% of that thc so you don't get the high. Try to get 19% cbd;I didn't find any with a higher CBD%.

A marijuana strain at our local dispensary's website called acdc has VERY low thc with a wee bit of a high maybe. When I get my medical (only) marijuana Arizona state card, I'll try vaping that for a quicker delivery when the need arises;and, nobody can tell WHAT your vaping, ha ha love that idea. You can vape or orally take some duo use cbd oils. A little more than the .3% thc is needed by some people to lend more relaxation/balance to the cbd part of it I've read. That's not able to be done with the hemp cbd oil situation because of the required less than .3% thc.

The Charlotte's Web strain marijuana oil extract is pretty similar, but hard to get hold of, so that's why acdc strain would be a good replacement that's in herb form only I've seen so far. See also in search mode of marijuana on this site's "ALL posts" from "Michele" about her good results using marijuana for her ibs. I would still stick with this EFI diet either way. If marijuana can't be used where people live, CBD oil is good to try at least. Search for only the reputable kind, per above info. You can lab test on own to see if their lab test is true;Crops do vary in % occasionally. Hope that answers your questions, Best to you! XXXXX!.

#372670 - 01/19/16 02:32 PM
sgcray

THANK YOU Candy;I hope I don't become tolerant of it
I swear 1/2 of a Benedryl anti-histamine tablet has helped for past flair-ups. Still need to get through monkey-wrenching menopause Take care sweet woman!

#372695 - 02/03/16 08:05 AM
oatcake

thanks for the info!
I bought 7% satvia hemp oil. its mixed with olive oil and the best I could find in the UK.
It's really nice, my tummy felt very calm using it while eating the EFI diet... then for the first time in about 2 years I drank quite a lot of alcohol and have been having an awful time since....! I have learnt my lesson in that regard!
But the oil seems promising.
Theres absolutely no medical marijuana in the UK unfortunately!!!

--------------------

#372723 - 02/17/16 02:44 PM
sgcray

Quote:

thanks for the info!
I bought 7% satvia hemp oil. its mixed with olive oil and the best I could find in the UK.
It's really nice, my tummy felt very calm using it while eating the EFI diet... then for the first time in about 2 years I drank quite a lot of alcohol and have been having an awful time since....! I have learnt my lesson in that regard!
But the oil seems promising.
Theres absolutely no medical marijuana in the UK unfortunately!!!

I'm sorry, I had been signing in every couple days trying to catch your reply and still missed it, darnit. That sounds absolutely astoundingly wonderful! It is usually here just an oil extract that can be found mostly in a glycerine base. So, maybe you can find it that way there. Also, here, most I've seen have at least 12-20% cbd of the cannabinoids, but would rather not buy any too much higher than that, which would cause the CBD cannabinoid to crowd out some of those other cannabinoids in hemp's profile that we don't know as yet about their full potential. They're saying on sites to look for cbd extract that includes the others cannibinoids, full spectrum. You can always quantity wise, up the mg/day of it more. I can drip mine under the tongue (sublingually) to get a quicker uptake or just swallow, which would laster longer in the system. Quicker uptake can be used when taking an extra dose in the day for episodic upsets. You can always quantity wise, up the mg/day of it more. Keep in touch and you'll get your medical marijuana law there soon hopefully!;Meanwhile hemp extract should do well:D

Re: cbd oil extract for spasms/pain new
      #372736 - 02/26/16 09:19 AM
jeddeth

Reged: 02/23/16

This sounds very promising. Is there a website where I can order from or just do more research?

#372749 - 03/03/16 12:39 PM
oatcake

no worries, its tricky with no notifications for replies!

can't find glycerine or anything stronger than 10%, except for pure 99% cbd crystals (£85 for 1 gram) and some cbd suppositories!!!

the 7% CBD oil that i have is an 'entourage oil' meaning that it has a combination of all the other lesser known cannabinoids present.
and i also use it sublingually and swallow after a couple of minutes!

it makes me feel more relaxed, my tummy more relaxed and helps me sleep but hasn't made a difference in everyday symptoms or made me able to tolerate more foods.

im interestd in your bio.. how did you manage to get your fat up to +25% ??

I'm struggling with my fat content and have very dry skin and hair
i can sometimes sneak it in when i eat foods that naturally contain 5-10% fat content but a drizzle of olive oil for example will set off symptoms.
fat is currently 10% (or less) of my overall diet so I'm worried.

xx

--------------------

#372795 - 04/29/16 08:46 AM
CathyF

Reged: 05/21/08

Can you tell me which web site that sells hemp oil? I've been trying to find the percentage amount of CBD and THC. None shows.

#373506 - 01/03/17 08:29 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Hello,

Are you still having success with CBD oil. I am looking into it and want to give it a shot. Do you have any brand suggestions?

#373632 - 11/06/17 04:27 PM
sgcray

CW's Hemp, their better tasting mint chocolate is what I've used in the U.S. out of Colorado where they grow the hemp themselves with a high % of CBD (cannabidiol). It's in the health food stores now here in AZ (in U.S.): https://www.cwhemp.com/ web page CW Charlotte's Web Hemp Still though, wasn't able to go to some more insoluble fiber in diet, even with a soluble fiber supplement and the teas.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2272 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20493

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review