All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
how's it going, capricorn? new
      #368971 - 01/07/13 05:45 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

Still doing this diet?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

the past and the present new
      #368983 - 01/09/13 07:27 AM
Susie1985

Reged: 05/04/11

Heather mentions somewhere that if your IBS is stable, you can get away with a bit of cheating. I have found that this is true with regard to IF (even then never wholegrains, but from fruit and veg). But I am so sensitive to fat that each individual meal must contain no more than 20-25% of kcal coming from fat, otherwise I feel the rather unpleasant effects in due course (half a day- a day later).

As for FODMAPs, green beans, chives, beansprouts, bokchoy, which are all apparently FODMAP friendly give me around a thousand times more gas than the pure humble white sourdough bread. Butter is said to be incredibly low in lactose, I feel even the tiniest, smallest, almost negligable amount however. Some apples, such as Granny Smith are supposed to have equal amounts of fructose and glucose, yet I have problems from them too. (I'm much more sensitive to lactose than fructose though)

I can eat venison, ie red meat naturally low in fat. Beef (or pork), even if v lean and actually not too fatty overall as part of a meal is still a huge problem for me, perhaps it's the protein.

All these have not really changed over the course of years for me, not got better or worse.

--------------------
now: stable through EFI+FODMAP dieting (no lactose/no fructose/some fructans and some polyols)

before: IBS-D(pseudo-diarrhoea), bloating, often unbearable pain esp from too much fat: Apr 2007- Dec 2010

FODMAPs: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/072710p30.shtml

[I've tried VSL#3 -> I could tolerate v good amounts of IF (even with less SF), it worked great (but overall I find it too expensive)]

Re: the past and the present new
      #368984 - 01/09/13 11:38 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I don't understand your post at all. Can you clarify?

Re: the past and the present new
      #368986 - 01/09/13 01:04 PM
Susie1985

Reged: 05/04/11

It was in response to what one could eat/ate before FODMAPs. A bit far-fetched, sorry, but thought I'd share my experience.

In sum, I don't think what you can tolerate really changes over time. You have to figure out what you can and can't eat and then afterwards stick with those foods. at least in my experience.

--------------------
now: stable through EFI+FODMAP dieting (no lactose/no fructose/some fructans and some polyols)

before: IBS-D(pseudo-diarrhoea), bloating, often unbearable pain esp from too much fat: Apr 2007- Dec 2010

FODMAPs: http://www.todaysdietitian.com/newarchives/072710p30.shtml

[I've tried VSL#3 -> I could tolerate v good amounts of IF (even with less SF), it worked great (but overall I find it too expensive)]

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 413 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 35777

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review