All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Finally Bought It new
      #344650 - 04/17/09 12:31 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

Ok I finally broke down and bought the Align probiotic to try. I will start it today and hopefully I have good results. If anything I just hope it doesn't make my urgency or D any worse.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Finally Bought It new
      #344653 - 04/17/09 12:57 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Good luck and please tell us how it works for you

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

#344751 - 04/20/09 05:10 PM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

I'm new to posting, but review this website for the last couple years. I too just bought Align. Came in the mail today and will start them tonight. I hope they are the magic pill. I currently take 10mg Bentyl and Beano whenever I go out for dinner and this has helped in IBS attacks when in public. I take the Bentyl before going to the restaurant and Beano at first bite of food. It does help. But, I still can't eat what I want, when I want. I've had IBS since 1988, when I had my first IBS attack. It was major major cramps and D. Once my bowels empty I feel good, but worn out. I went to GI doc, who diagnosed as IBS and basically said "live with it". So I do, and when I get more attacks (most likely from my diet), I read books about nutition, stomach disorders, etc. and try to find another magic cure. I have taken the Digestive Advantage for IBS in the past and was loyal for about 4 months and found it made no difference. I will log my results here on this site, to try and help someone else looking for the answer. I hope it's good news. At $30 a month, it's a little pricey, but if it works, I'll be happy. It doesn't mention changing diet, so will eat as I normally do to see if my symptoms go away. Normally my symptoms are cramps, back ache, hot flash, D, urgency. Once empty, I feel good until the next attack comes on, normally a few days to week later. I've tried the diet recommended here, except the fiber sold on this site. I've used metamucil and citacel. Then tend to make me have more urgency issues, I'd rather not deal with. I wish you luck and hope it works for you and have my fingers crossed for me too.

Re: Finally Bought It
      #344757 - 04/20/09 06:14 PM
mrae

That sounds like me urgency and diarrhea. Sometimes I find I have cramps but they are more like menstrual cramps than anything. I heard that Digestive Advantage for Crohns and Colitis has helped people who have IBS-D not the Diegestive Advantage for IBS. Kinda weird but someone on this board had said that. I thought about trying that if Align doesn't work. I hope the best for both of us with Align. It is pricey thats what took me so long in buying it but if it works I will pay. Keep me udated and Iwill do the same.

#344763 - 04/20/09 07:42 PM
Scott G

Reged: 03/28/09
Loc: Boston, MA

I have IBS-C and tried Align for a month. It didn't help, in fact, I think it made me more constipated. I just started on Amitizia for my constipation. I hope Align works better with you. It seems to have helped a lot of people.

#344766 - 04/20/09 08:11 PM
mrae

Well if it made you more C than that would be great for me since I am IBS-D just not to extreme on the C. I hope you find something that will work for you. I have had a little gas with this but not to bad and actually I take it at night and don't notice the gas until the following night. I figured it would be more in the morning time. But I am not complaining cause its not to bad.

#344768 - 04/21/09 03:33 AM
Pennie

Reged: 11/24/08
Loc: South Carolina, US

I have been taking align for two months and have seen no difference. Like everything else it works differently for each person. Hopefully it will be your lifesaver.
Pennie

--------------------
IBS~D

Re: Finally Bought It (Mrae, update after 1st month?) new
      #346199 - 05/19/09 03:15 PM
KatheC

Reged: 04/20/09
Loc: AZ, USA

How did Align work for you? I know you started a few days before me. I think it helped me. It's hard to say for sure, but I had two, what I call, IBS attacks (cramps, diareah, hot flashes, urgency) the first two weeks . I had one attack each week, and then the last two weeks I felt fine with no, so called attacks. I did also watch my diet closer, but today was my first day off and I've felt bad most of the day. I am going to try Life Start2 to see how that goes, it's cheaper and supposedly the same, and will see if it works the same. Bad part, it needs to be kept refrigerated, so may use both this new product and Align for when I travel and can't keep refrigerated. Please let me know if you noticed a difference.

Re: Finally Bought It (Mrae, update after 1st month?) new
      #346204 - 05/19/09 04:07 PM
mrae

I took it for a month and found it did not help at all. I have been off for a week and didn't cause me any issues so I know it was not working. I to want to try one that needs to be in the frige to see if maybe they are more powerful. So we will see. I just don't know which one I will try yet.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 608 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2655

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review