All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Concerned new
      #340756 - 01/13/09 09:33 AM
mcachall

Reged: 01/13/09

I am going on a missions trip to one of the remote islands off Panama next week, they have very primitive living conditions. I have been told the only foods I will probably be eating are rice and fish. The fish is cooked in oil, but not battered and fried. There may be some beans/lentils also, but no fruits or vegetables. I need to know what I should take to allow my IBS not to flair. I have bought some dried fruits and granola bars, any ideas for supplements? Any suggestions would be great.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Concerned new
      #340758 - 01/13/09 09:41 AM

Unregistered

IT may be very difficult with ibs to go..the only place I make myself go is work..there's no way I can not have a job..I stay home all day taking care of my ibs,just so I don't have problems at work..NO matter how much sleep I got or how tired I am,I have to be up before 11am so I don't get stuck feeling bad at work,I work 5-11pm. If I was to take a 3 hour drive and go out of town to a town I like,I would be suffering because I'm not at home drinking tons of fennel teas and close to a bathroom. If u must...Get some align.can u take a cofe maker and fennel tea? pepermint capsules? puritan's pride papaya enzyme is good..

Re: Concerned
      #340775 - 01/13/09 02:55 PM
CharlotteMiranda

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Berlin, Germany

I wonder if you would be able to ask for fish cooked in very little oil, if you explain your situation - because apart from the oil, the rice and fish sounds very IBS friendly. If not, then the already-mentioned peppermint caps are good for countering the effects of higher fat quantities. Dried fruits like apple, mango, papaya sound like a good idea for snacking on, maybe you can eat the beans/lentils in small quantiies with rice to give you some IF? Sounds like it will be a fascinating trip, hope you enjoy it and your IBS stays under control.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1153

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review