Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nothing seems to be working - HELP
      #334380 - 08/11/08 05:46 AM
kellmoops

Reged: 08/11/08
Loc: Boston, MA

Hey all,

I'm really at a loss. I've been following all of the diet guidelines, I've been taking 1 tsp of acacia twice a day, I tried peppermint caps (they seemed to make it worse), I drink peppermint tea and water. I've been eating this way for over a week (low fat, high soluble fiber), taking acacia for about a week.
The problem is that my symptoms seem exactly the same. Everytime I eat ANYTHING, I get the cramping and horrible diarrhea. I had pasta last night, lots of french bread throughout the day yesterday, some low fat soup. I had corn chex and soymilk this morning, yet I barely made it to the bathroom at work in time coming in this morning. Loperamide helps, but as soon as it wears off, symptoms are back and exactly the same. Oh, I also had my gall bladder removed June 1st, which triggered all of this starting around the start of July. Maybe thats why the peppermint oil makes it worse?
I don't know - I'm at a loss and just want to bawl my eyes out at this point. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nothing seems to be working - HELP new
      #334381 - 08/11/08 06:16 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

You could just have d from your gallbladder removal.Try slippery elm tablets for a couple of days.I have had ibsd for 10 years and in Feb had my gallbladder removed.It flared my d for about 6 weeks everyday all day.I took the slippery Elm and in two days it cleared up.Now my Ibsd is still somewhat of an issue but only once in maybe 10 or 11 days.It is so much better.You also might need to take a digestive enzyme.Also lay off the peppermint,I can't take it at all.
Hth good luck

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#334385 - 08/11/08 06:38 AM
kellmoops

Good point - though it didn't really flare up until about a month after the surgery. But I was eating pretty much jello and popsicles for weeks after the surgery. And thank god - I thought I was going nuts with the peppermint seeming to do more harm than good! I'll try the slippery elm. How much per day did you take? With meals?

#334386 - 08/11/08 07:08 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

It should tell you on the bottle.I think I took one three times a day for just two days then One a day.I also take acidophilous which is a probiotic.If I knew then what I know now,I would have looked at another method to clean up my gallbladder and I wouldn't have let them take it!

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#334387 - 08/11/08 07:13 AM
kellmoops

Oh my gosh, I know. If I didn't have such a ginormous stone jammed in the duct and blocking it (2.5 CM!) I would have made dietary changes and not had the surgery. This has been NOTHING but craziness and pain ever since!!! Thanks for your advice!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1630 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1208

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review