All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
interstitial cystitis, fibroyalgia and IBS new
      #331545 - 06/24/08 08:24 PM
yoffie

Reged: 08/01/07

Has anyone been diagnosed with these and what have you done to feel more comfortable with the first two?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: interstitial cystitis, fibroyalgia and IBS new
      #331603 - 06/26/08 09:51 AM
Fen

Reged: 03/01/08
Loc: Central NY

I've been diagnosed with IC - I take Elmiron and have bladder instillations of Heparin and Lidocaine. These two things have helped me tremendously. I've just started PT for pelvic floor dysfunction as well, but it's too soon to tell if that will help.

I try and do the IC diet, but it's hard because so many other things are already limited in my diet already. I do stay away from the biggies - citrus, coffee, soda, chocolate, etc. I've decided I can't freak out if a little bit of vinegar sneaks in, and I've been eating strawberries like crazy, even though they're a more acidic berry. Prelief, which is available over the counter, is helpful when eating foods more on the acidic side.

Good luck!

--------------------
IBS-C

Re: interstitial cystitis, fibroyalgia and IBS
      #331605 - 06/26/08 10:22 AM
yoffie

i just looked up prelief. it seems like an amazing product. do you have heartburn also. i do though it is functional. how much and how frequently do you take prelief? thank you for responding. much appreciated.

#331607 - 06/26/08 10:56 AM
Fen

I only take it when I'm eating something questionable, usually restaurant food. I take two tabs right before eating. My doctor said it's safe to take up to 4 times a day (8 tabs). I hesitate to take that much because it's calcium based and calcium can be constipating - I'm IBS-C.

I do get reflux on occasion - I haven't taken the Prelief often enough to figure out if it helps that or not.

Are you being treated any other way for IC?

--------------------
IBS-C

#331749 - 06/29/08 07:33 PM
yoffie

no. my sister who is an ob-gyn actually figured it out.

#331754 - 06/30/08 04:16 AM
Fen

I would encourage you to find an Ob-gyn, urologist, or urogynecologist who has experience dealing with IC. There's not a ton around, and I have to travel over an hour to see mine because there are none in my city. But the instillations have seriously made a world of difference and after a half-dozen or so, they taught my husband and I to do them at home so I don't have to travel every week anymore.

Now I'm just waiting for the insurance nonsense to go through so I can get all of my equipment to do them! It's been over two weeks now since I've had one and I definitely feel things deteriorating down there!

--------------------
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2446 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2489

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review