All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Screwed up Thansgiving and paying for it new
      #319384 - 11/23/07 02:55 PM
LMo

Reged: 11/06/07
Loc: Los Angeles, California

First off, my family is pretty wild and exuberant- so Thanksgiving is always lots of fun, but at the same time overwhelming, which emotionally can set off my IBS. Also, there was tons of alcohol going around and I had a glass of champagne. My bowels had already been cramping earlier because my mom made an egg casserole which had cheese in it and She served it for breakfast. I knew it was going to be rough day to start with because I was nervous and excited for the festivities to begin. I ate too much and was full after dinner, mistake number 3. And then I went to bed feeling bloated with gas and woke up around 3 30
AM feeling a little queasy which then became cramps and later diarrhea. Then again this morning more cramps and diarrhea which has continued throughout today. I'm on toast trying to get back to normal so no leftovers for me. Tell me, do any of you ever experience teeth chattering or tremble when you have the cramps/diarrhea?? It's so weird to me and I'm hypoglycemic so sometimes I think it might be my blood sugar, but sometimes I know it's not.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Screwed up Thansgiving and paying for it new
      #319393 - 11/23/07 07:38 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

Sorry to hear that. I took risks too this Thanksgiving (smoked fish, sausage) but didn't get sick. I wouldn't dare eat something with cheese in it or drink alcohol.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

yes to the shivering
      #319400 - 11/23/07 09:06 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Yes, I totally get the chills, sometimes teeth chatter, and also get tingling in my feet if I get d. It's been posted here before a little so I guess we're not alone. Just another symptom to add on to the list! HOpe you're feeling better after Thanksgiving. A day of pain like that usually gets me back on track mentally to not cheat next time..but I know...it is so hard. If your belly is uneasy, I wouldn't attempt any triggers. BUt if you are stable and feeling good, you may be able to handle a couple of treats off the diet but not the full blown trigger meal or many of them throughout the day. At least that's how it is for me. I felt like Thanksgiving was a special occassion so I would take the chance but I have to be super diligent now all week so as not to fall of the wagon. Hang in there.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 308 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1052

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review