All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)
Re: I need help with IBS-C input new
      #308482 - 06/03/07 07:41 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I definitely make my own! That way I can control all the ingredients - especially fat content. So far my faves are artichoke hummus and Spiced Sweet Roasted Red Pepper Hummus .

GasStop is similar to Beano, but has more of the active ingredient. It's more economical because I use less of it. The brand is "Renew Life".

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

#308483 - 06/03/07 07:45 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

I don't find this diet bland. You can season your food to your liking. From the foods that you listed, you're not getting near enough IF in your diet for someone who is IBS-C. How long have you actually been on Heather's diet?

#308484 - 06/03/07 07:50 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Miralax is only prescribed by doctors.

#308485 - 06/03/07 08:21 PM

Unregistered

I'm not on Heather's Diet. I'm on the IBS diet my doctor gave me. When I looked at her diet and tested a few foods I got more clogged, but after reading your posted threads I see I'm not really adding enough to go. You have been so helpful. I can't thank you enough. If I can get on Heather's Diet I will be so grateful, it all sounded so good to me. I've been stuck with my bland diet from the doctor for years now. I agree with you completely that I'm not getting enough IF, that's my whole problem. Time to take out her books again and match it with some of your suggestions and see how I do. I did get Butter Lettuce today. Ever hear of it? I was told one time it's tolerated with people who have IBS.

#308486 - 06/03/07 08:27 PM

Unregistered

Wow I never heard of Nature Calm. This is exciting because I do very well with magnesium. We have tons of health stores around here so I'll check it out and also get the flax meal. I've been really afraid to try the acacia because normally I do so poorly with fiber (lots of gas and I never go) and I'm on the go a lot so if I react I'm not home. I guess it being IF it isn't as strong as the other. I did read the directions on how to start really slow. Do you drink a lot of water? I try.

All this feels sort of daunting to try at once like I'll explode LOL, but I've made a copy of your post and will give it a go. Again thanks so much you are truly a life savor. I'm so glad I posted.

#308487 - 06/03/07 08:35 PM

Unregistered

This is so encouraging, thanks for giving me hope again. The diet does seem to work so well for everyone, like you said with testing out what's best for ourselves. I bought the Acacia but I chickened out after reacting to the fennel tea. So now I'll give it a go. The only fruit I'm having now is bananas and unsweetened apple sauce. To have more and build up a more tasty diet would be wonderful. Thanks for the hints.

#308488 - 06/03/07 08:38 PM

Unregistered

The artichoke hummus sounds yummy. I printed it out since I have the beans and artichoke. Thanks!

#308489 - 06/03/07 08:39 PM

Unregistered

Do you get Gas Stop at a health food store?

Re: I need help with IBS-C input
      #308510 - 06/04/07 10:21 AM
CMW

Reged: 04/24/07
Loc: VT

They just put it on the market over the counter. I have found it at Brooks but beware it is a laxative and not a fiber supplement. I really don't want to be on it (I think my colon is already addicted to it) but right now it is the only way I can go. I am working on getting my acadia dose up but am taking it slow.

#308512 - 06/04/07 10:58 AM
TeresaLouise

Reged: 11/29/06

Could you tell me some of the ways you make soup and sauces with pureed fruits and vegies?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 628 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23906

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review