All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Any other C'ers new
      #308495 - 06/04/07 05:59 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

Use a SFS before everything they eat? Right now I take 3 grams of SFS (Benefiber) before I eat. I eat every two hours so I am taking 18-21 grams a day. Is this crazy? Its seems like a lot but Heather says it may take up to 30 grams a day of SFS to relieve C. I need some input because I am better but still not there. It seems that most people take it twice a day so am I doing it wrong? Thanks in advance for tips.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Any other C'ers new
      #308503 - 06/04/07 09:46 AM
chitchat1

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Michigan

I don't think you are taking too much, I take 15g SFS but I do also take Magnesiu and fennel tabs too. These seem to be helping alot. So maybe you just haven't got the right balance yet, you could try adding mag or fennel to your intake. Are you getting enough IF? That helps too. I make sure I get some IF with each meal except breakfast, I am also taking 1tbs of acacia morning and night. It sounds like I am taking alot ( I am) but it seems to be keeping me stable right now, so I'm not knocking it!!:-) Good luck!

Re: Any other C'ers
      #308509 - 06/04/07 10:18 AM
CMW

Reged: 04/24/07
Loc: VT

I am in the process of getting my dosage right and am frustrated as well. I am taking Miralax which is the only way I have any relief. I am up to 1/2 tsp of Acadia 2x day and things have actually been getting worse, I hope that is only temporary. What is your diet like? I am still very careful what I eat. I finally got brave this weekend and tried low fat peanut butter for more protein and reacted very stongly to it, completely threw me the other direction, I won't try that again!!! Any advice let me know! I am also still losing weight and really can't afford to lose any more.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1575 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 650

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review